should i get a 86 turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i get a 86 turbo?

Im thinking about buying a 86 turbo, leather interior in perfect condition, outside is red in color in perfect condition, 138k, runs really good. Ive never droven a turbo z before so i was wondering if ill be impressed by the performance and if its a good car to get? owner barely drove it and says it runs and drives very nice

Yes, you should get it.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Check the common areas for rust. Get unde rthe car and check for torn CV boots and whatnot. If it's not a flexable price it's not worth haggling, but be sure of the total condition of the car before you buy it. Trust me on this one.

Comment

well he wants $4000 and he's not flexible on the price because he said its in near perfect condition. I was just wondering if the performance is worth the price because ive never owned a turbo z before and dont know what to expect

Comment

Blackitalian wrote: well he wants $4000 and he's not flexible on the price because he said its in near perfect condition. I was just wondering if the performance is worth the price because ive never owned a turbo z before and dont know what to expect
          that is pretty high for a 86 turbo with 138k miles. I would not offer him more than 3000$ depending on the condition of the car.
          Have you checked the car out yourself?

1988 NA2T
          K & N, 3" Certified Muffler turbo back exhaust, Hallman MBC @ 8 psi, Z33 wheels

Comment

no im checking it out tomorrow, but he wont budge on the price at all, I already tried. and honestly its really hard to find a nice turbo z31 around here. what do you think i should do?

Comment

Blackitalian wrote: no im checking it out tomorrow, but he wont budge on the price at all, I already tried. and honestly its really hard to find a nice turbo z31 around here. what do you think i should do?
              leave him your phone number in case he changes his mind.Chances are that he will change his mind and drop the price. There are not that many people looking to buy a Z31 especially a 4k z31. Has he advbertised it on the internet or just locally?

1988 NA2T

Comment

he put it on craigslist and said his friend at work wants to buy it wednesday unless i come and buy it tomorrow. so im risking losing it to someone else if i dont get it then. If it is in very good condition is the performance of the turbo z worth the money?

Comment

if it's in super nice shape, then yes.

If it's at all rusty, faded, dented, or otherwise... then no.

People pay up to and over 5K for nice 86-89 Z31's with around that many miles.

Comment

hows the performance of the car? is it worth the money?

Comment

Well, do you plan on modding it?

You'll get addicted to the pull of a turbo VERY fast.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

ya i was gonna slowly mod it. my plans right now are just to lower it a little and then upgrade some parts, but nothing to drastic. I want to keep it as clean and reliable as possible

Comment

Blackitalian wrote: he put it on craigslist and said his friend at work wants to buy it wednesday unless i come and buy it tomorrow. so im risking losing it to someone else if i dont get it then. If it is in very good condition is the performance of the turbo z worth the money?
                          that is the standard bs of a seller. Why can't he do his "friend" a favior and sell to him and not you since he his "friend".
                          That sounds like a lie to me.
                          Good luck with it though.If it is in real nice condition and you like it then go for it.
                          I just hate to see people overpay for a car.You don't seem to be very well informed.
                          Good luck!

1988 NA2T

Comment

thanks man, ya he's an older guy who works at boeing and said his co-worker friend was interested in the car and would be willing to pay $4000 for it if it was real nice. He emailed me and told me thats the lowest hed go. Its got brand new tires on it and he said the paint is near perfect and i saw upclose pics of the leather seats and theyre very clean. he said they look almost brand new. T-tops dont leak, turbo spools good, doesnt smoke or anything. I hope its all what he says it is, because i feel like im paying alot

Comment

Yeah... looks can be deceiving... I bought my Z on ebay, and it is the last car I will ever buy without seeing it first.

Ran horrible, rust everywhere, and the pictures were a year old. It was described as 'immaculate' and 'perfect condition' but it took 2 weeks of body repair and about $600 in parts to get it back to driveable/inspectable.

Comment

Working...
                              X