vg swap into s12....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vg swap into s12....

ok i may get flamed for this, but hey... im trying to join your side....

ive posted this on club-s12 as well, i just want to get as much info as possible to help with the swap.

if i get a hold of a non-turbo motor, what will i need when i get some boost, if i decide to?

i understand the motor bolts right in, as its availible on the s12 se, but what else may i need to make it run and work properly...

i plan on ditching the a/c, as well as any smog equipment, ill retain the cat though, for good measure...lol

any ideas?

thank you

first and only recorded running vg into s12 coupe chassis swap

different tranny, custom exhaust, new clutch, ECU,MAF and all related sensors,proper wiring harnes, whatever your motor mount situation is, drive shaft, and thats about all I can think of in about a minute.

Or just find a whole vg30 s12 doner car.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

that would be the better route huh?

is the top end on the s12 vg "lesser" than the 300zx vg

or is it pretty much the same as a z31 NA?

these cars are hard to come by, but i see a few at the yard yearly, ill just have to keep an eye peeled...

Comment

demonic s12 wrote: that would be the better route huh?

is the top end on the s12 vg "lesser" than the 300zx vg

or is it pretty much the same as a z31 NA?

these cars are hard to come by, but i see a few at the yard yearly, ill just have to keep an eye peeled...
        I'm assuming you mean the spring rate and cam profile? that I cant answer. I guess find some stock specs for the s12 vg and then compare with info on Jasons site.

Comment

yeah i meant that as well as flow up top

i guess its all interchangable anyways...heh

Comment

demonic s12 wrote: if i get a hold of a non-turbo motor, what will i need when i get some boost, if i decide to?
            once you already have the VG30E engine in the S12, you will then need:
            Z31 turbo ECU or programmable type.
            turbocharger and drivers-side exhaust manifold
            may have to do something about the engine crossmember
            intercooler
            larger fuel injectors
            [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
            [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
            2000 Porsche Boxster
            2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

The S12 does not have room for a S13 turbo. Unless you modify the firewall and steering and such.

To mount a turbo, you would be better off trying to use the passenger side area or some other remote mount . If you move the battery to the trunk area, you will gain some room also.

S12 200sxse VG30e cars are rare. I have seen just a few in the last 4-5 years. In fact, I am seeing less 200sx cars in general.

Try to get a 300zxt ecu/maf and injectors if you do go turbo. If you have the correct O2 sensor, the car will run closed loop.

The engines of the 87-88 200sxse are basically the same as a 300zx. The ecu is weak so even if you don't turbo the vg30e engine, get a 1986 300zx ecu/maf. This is compatible with the O2 sensor in stock 200sxse (small titania). But if you are vg30e hunting, go for a late 80s model 300zx engine or maxima, etc.

The 200sxse uses a particular type of FS5W71C tranny. But you could probably mod in any 300zx tranny of the same type.
              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

There's a turbo S12 I found about 5 hours from me with a few things messed up, but fixable. It's a little rough inside as well... The guy wants $1000

I'd love to buy it and attempt a VG swap with all Z31 parts and other small fabirication... I think it would be fun. The problem is I already have 4 Z31's, a Supra, a Mustang and a Bronco in the back yard. I think I would need to get rid of something...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: There's a turbo S12 I found about 5 hours from me with a few things messed up, but fixable. It's a little rough inside as well... The guy wants $1000

I'd love to buy it and attempt a VG swap with all Z31 parts and other small fabirication... I think it would be fun. The problem is I already have 4 Z31's, a Supra, a Mustang and a Bronco in the back yard. I think I would need to get rid of something...
                  Get rid of somthinf???? what kind of car owner are you? :lol:

Seriously though, dont you live on a pretty allright size of property where nobody would care about the cars you have? Or does it just bother you?

Comment

crowbar wrote: The S12 does not have room for a S13 turbo. Unless you modify the firewall and steering and such.

To mount a turbo, you would be better off trying to use the passenger side area or some other remote mount . If you move the battery to the trunk area, you will gain some room also.

S12 200sxse VG30e cars are rare. I have seen just a few in the last 4-5 years. In fact, I am seeing less 200sx cars in general.

Try to get a 300zxt ecu/maf and injectors if you do go turbo. If you have the correct O2 sensor, the car will run closed loop.

The engines of the 87-88 200sxse are basically the same as a 300zx. The ecu is weak so even if you don't turbo the vg30e engine, get a 1986 300zx ecu/maf. This is compatible with the O2 sensor in stock 200sxse (small titania). But if you are vg30e hunting, go for a late 80s model 300zx engine or maxima, etc.

The 200sxse uses a particular type of FS5W71C tranny. But you could probably mod in any 300zx tranny of the same type.
                    ca-dets wap in all the time

as do kas

check he forums, ive seen it in person as well

club-s12.org
                    Attached Files

Comment

now im not sure on this because i know very little about s12's, but wouldnt it be easyer and cheaper to swap in a vg30et? god that would be sick! and i would use a megasquirt ecu. more power potential for less dough.

and as far as owning many cars, i own 3 z31s, and an accord. and im only 18!

its all about what your into...
                      "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you..."

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
                      Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21...-build-thread/
                      -'85 300zx Turbo
                      Build Thread:
                      http://z31performance.com/showthread...)build-thread!

Comment

bemis wrote: turbocharger and drivers-side exhaust manifold
                        Both maniflods will be needed for the swap as the S12 vg's dont have a crossover type manifold setup. Also The crossover pipe will not fit behind the engine when it is bolted up to the crossmember. I would suggest having a front mount turbo setup made.
                        Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
                        Originally posted by BoostedMamma
                        Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

mc (guy with the rear mount turbo) is using a 86 300zxt ecu/injectors and runs 10 psi boost. Using a T3, with the stock 9:1 comp, he built a very nice alternative.

I am presently kicking around ideas with him regarding 'intercooling' his intake.
                          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: mc (guy with the rear mount turbo) is using a 86 300zxt ecu/injectors and runs 10 psi boost. Using a T3, with the stock 9:1 comp, he built a very nice alternative.

I am presently kicking around ideas with him regarding 'intercooling' his intake.
                            Wrap some chor-boy around it, haha.
                            imagination is a virtue

Comment

hello yankeedrifter...lols

yea as far as manifolds go....

i think im going to pick up a set from my buddy who has a muffler shop, theyre for a vg pathfinder, but i plan on cutting them up for the twin turbo project

plans have changed slightly for the car, its going to be more track biased, and im looking for 550-600 crank hp, i also dont mind cutting or "massageing the firewall, etc ;p

Comment

Working...
                              X