Spot for Oil Temp. Gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot for Oil Temp. Gauge?

Just got an oil temp gauge from autometer, came with 2 fittings.

Cars an 86NA so it has a oil pressure gauge stock.

Where can I tap in to mount this gauge? It came with 2 threaded fittings, one big and one small (unsure of sizes)

Thanks
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

you can take off the stock one....

the stock oil press sensor is right above the starter ,next to the oil filter .... it looks like a little canister with a plug on the back....

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: you can take off the stock one....

the stock oil press sensor is right above the starter ,next to the oil filter .... it looks like a little canister with a plug on the back....
      I want to keep that gauge, since I have a brand new sending unit right next to me for the pressure, and dont like the idea of having a "dead" gauge in the center "pod"

Comment

ohh crap you got an oil temp gauge .. i thought i read oil press . considering oil temp is not really a vital gauge , you can put it wherever you have space ... the stock oil TEMP sensor is on the oil pan, opposite from where the drain plun is at ...

Comment

You cant use that NEW oil PRESSURE sender unit. If it is from autometer they use a standard 1/8"NPT thread on all of their senders. Juse like everyother aftermarket sender. The pressure sender on the stock Nissan block is 1/8" BSPT. It is not THAT much different, but different enough that you cant even get the autometer one started into your block. "I know you prolly wont listen to this advice but DONT TRY IT"

I just re-tapped my block but I at least have somwat of an idea what I'm doing. YOU..., do not.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Install it as part of an oil cooler kit one day.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: ohh crap you got an oil temp gauge .. i thought i read oil press . considering oil temp is not really a vital gauge , you can put it wherever you have space ... the stock oil TEMP sensor is on the oil pan, opposite from where the drain plun is at ...
              oh!
              Yes since I have a turbo oil pan I HAVE seen this little threaded fitting on the side of the pan...

Satan said above about nissan block being a 1/8th BSPT fitting, but that is for oil pressure.

Will this 1/8th NPT fitting work in place of the OEM oil TEMPERATURE bung on the oil pan?
              If so, I have myself a winner? :?

*Firehawk, if all else fails at installing this gauge then ill probably do it as part of the oil cooler kit ill buy sometime soon.

Comment

[quote]1SIKZ31 wrote:
                Originally posted by 2+2turbo
                ohh crap you got an oil temp gauge .. i thought i read oil press . considering oil temp is not really a vital gauge , you can put it wherever you have space ... the stock oil TEMP sensor is on the oil pan, opposite from where the drain plun is at ...
                oh!
                Yes since I have a turbo oil pan I HAVE seen this little threaded fitting on the side of the pan...

Satan said above about nissan block being a 1/8th BSPT fitting, but that is for oil pressure.

Will this 1/8th NPT fitting work in place of the OEM oil TEMPERATURE bung on the oil pan?

*Firehawk, if all else fails at installing this gauge then ill probably do it as part of the oil cooler kit ill buy sometime soon.
                search a little bit, the info is available.. you need an adapter.. its an autometer part.. the threads on the pan are 16x1.5 or something close to that.. but you wont listen anyway, you will probably end up jb welding the thing to the oil pan knowing you.

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote: [quote=1SIKZ31]
                  Originally posted by 2+2turbo
                  oh!

search a little bit, the info is available.. you need an adapter.. its an autometer part.. the threads on the pan are 16x1.5 or something close to that.. but you wont listen anyway, you will probably end up jb welding the thing to the oil pan knowing you.
                  Hows it going bud, I tried a good search for "Z31 turbo oil temperature fitting" and "z31 oil temperature fitting", and tried "84-89 300zx oil temperature" and nothing came up related to what im looking for, any pointers to where I can find this information by any chance?
                  Thanks! :wink:

Comment

check links from Z31performance home page

GE's site has the fitting size... I think it's BSPT if I recall correctly. summit has adapters I believe.

Comment

Autometer sells the adapter fitting. Check
                      http://www.summitracing.com
                      Shiro #443

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: Autometer sells the adapter fitting. Check
                        whats GE's site I cant seem to find it.

Comment

[quote]1SIKZ31 wrote:
                          Originally posted by Rick88ss
                          GE's site is listed off of the main page of z31performance.com along with every other link. it happens to be under the link that says "links".. what a surprise. it happens to be a 16X1.5 thread just like i said it probably was. i also told you it was an autometer part, so i used google.com and i typed in "autometer metric adapter" and wow, i found it..

http://shopping.msn.com/specs/shp/?item ... fullDesc=1

buy this and shut up already. you are clearly brain dead and cant do anything on your own.. better yet, get your mom to buy it for you. once your mom buys this part take it, along with your gauge to firehawk and have him put it in for you.. dont even take it out of the package.

Comment

GE's site is listed off of the main page of z31performance.com along with every other link. it happens to be under the link that says "links".. what a surprise. it happens to be a 16X1.5 thread just like i said it probably was. i also told you it was an autometer part, so i used google.com and i typed in "autometer metric adapter" and wow, i found it..

buy this and shut up already. you are clearly brain dead and cant do anything on your own.. better yet, get your mom to buy it for you. once your mom buys this part take it, along with your gauge to firehawk and have him put it in for you.. dont even take it out of the package.
                            Sweet!
                            Sorry for all the confusion, just ordered it, thanks chris

Comment

Re:

I'm looking for the same METRIC adapter but that link is for oil pressure and not (OIL TEMPERATURE)

Sow whats the correct auto meter (OIL TEMPERATURE) adapter the one on the oil pan...........I'M tire of searching !!!!
                              1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

Working...
                              X