fuel filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filters

I just wanted to know what kinda fuel filter everybody was runnin,my store sells all wix filters so i picked up a wix fuel filter,what do you guys think about those?
    87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

I stick with the Z31 OEM nissan but I also hear the Z32TT fuel filter flows more fuel.

Comment

Any off-brand is ok. Wix is good, Good oil filters too.
      Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
      1986 300zx Turbo
      2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
      1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Alright, i was goignt o post somthin about this fuel filter thing. My brother is a manager at autozone so he just took his fuel pump in found a filter that fits and used it. I dont think the filter lets enough fuel in the thing b/c it sits about 1/8 away from the bottom of the pump mount and theirs plastic inside of it and its like so thin that it seems you cant even breath threw it. would this make any impact on anything?
        Attached Files
        89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
        87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
        07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

Black 89Turbo wrote: Alright, i was goignt o post somthin about this fuel filter thing. My brother is a manager at autozone so he just took his fuel pump in found a filter that fits and used it. I dont think the filter lets enough fuel in the thing b/c it sits about 1/8 away from the bottom of the pump mount and theirs plastic inside of it and its like so thin that it seems you cant even breath threw it. would this make any impact on anything?
          Ughh... he's a part store manager and he doesn't know the difference between a fuel filter and a fuel pump screen?
          Attached Files
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

LOL, i hope he does. well watever you call it it goes on the bottom of the fuel pump ill call it fuel filter it filters the fuel, it works just like any other filter stops stuff from going in. Somewhere on this board thier is a Thread that just got put up about his Twin fuel pumps hes putting in Supra and walbro and on the bottom of one of the pumps he has a fiilter on it and it looks almost like the one thats on mine.
            87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

Comment

its not called a filter its a strainer
              87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

I'm using a stock supra fuel pump with that "sock" strainer without problems.
                86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

yeah, I would not call that a filter at all. pick up screen, or strainer.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

well i can care less what its called everyone obvously knows what im talkin about. Please dont tell me this boards like 300zxclub i came here hopin it was better :? . Ill just put a new one on thats a little larger and isnt so flat, that will solve my Question. Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Black 89Turbo wrote: well i can care less what its called everyone obvously knows what im talkin about. Please dont tell me this boards like 300zxclub i came here hopin it was better :? . Ill just put a new one on thats a little larger and isnt so flat, that will solve my Question. Thanks.
                      It is important what it is called. If you call it the wrong thing, you can get bad advice since people don't know what you are talking about. If you are unsure, say so and people will not limit thinking to what you are calling it.
                      http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Just don't start telling people that they need to drop their tank in order to change the fuel filter, cause that is essentially what you did.
                        imagination is a virtue

Comment

hey dumb shit how do you figure that? We put a walbro in it and put a new filter on what are you talkin about. Im thinkin this goes on ill prolly be band from this forum to..

Comment

thiers alot of differnt names to call things all because on person calls it somthin the other has to follow. If i was going to tell someone to change their fuel filter i would say change the one in the engine bay thiers also one in the gas tank to if you want ot change that one.

Comment

Black 89Turbo wrote: hey dumb shit how do you figure that? ..
                              Because this is a fuel filter thread. And you jump in telling people that the fuel filter is on the pump. :roll:
                              imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                              X