Team Green filter, how to clean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Green filter, how to clean.

So i got this cone filter from OR-Zman sometime last year and put it in.

I had thought that they were "dry filters" and didn't require the solvent
    cleaning/re oiling that the K&N filters did.

It is quite dirty now.

I have the cleaning/oiling kit from my K&N filter.

Is it safe to use the K&N kit ?

I see that Team Green offers a cleaning/oiling kit on their site, which
    leads me to believe that my assumption that the filter is "dry" is incorrect.

I'm sure the "super clean" type degreaser/cleaner in the two kits would
    be similar, but not sure about the oil.

Thanks.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

i wouldnt use the oil. too much of it can mess up your maf.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Oil for foam and oil for paper is different. Motorcycle filter oil would probably work pretty well.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Sorry about that. I though you knew they were oiled filters. They come from the factory oiled but I probably didn't have the Info piece of paper in the box when I sent it to you. oops...

I havent needed to clean my TG panel filter yet but I would stick with the TG oil/cleaner. I just went out to check but I couldn't find my old bottle of K&N oil, but the TG oil is pretty thin. Much thinner than I remember the K&N oil being and its a spray on oil that comes out in a pretty fine mist. I wouldn't use the K&N if I were you.

I got the cleaning kit from TSS, I'm not aware of any dealers here in OR.

I wish I was closer and I would just bring my stuff over and you could use it.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: Sorry about that. I though you knew they were oiled filters. They come from the factory oiled but I probably didn't have the Info piece of paper in the box when I sent it to you. oops...

I havent needed to clean my TG panel filter yet but I would stick with the TG oil/cleaner. I just went out to check but I couldn't find my old bottle of K&N oil, but the TG oil is pretty thin. Much thinner than I remember the K&N oil being and its a spray on oil that comes out in a pretty fine mist. I wouldn't use the K&N if I were you.

I got the cleaning kit from TSS, I'm not aware of any dealers here in OR.

I wish I was closer and I would just bring my stuff over and you could use it.
          No Problemo. Thanks for the offer.
          I had thought i read somewhere that they were a dry filter and would not have thought twice
          about it until i noticed that they had a cleaning and re-oiling kit on their site.

There is an RC/Hobby or kart shop in portland that is on their distributor list, i'll check there.

Thanks for the info.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

IIRC TG recommends NOT to use the K&N filter oil as it will discolor your filter. RED + GREEN = :x . Get the right jizz for your shiz.....

Comment

I used some pj1 cleaner and filter oil for a dirtbike aif filter and had no problems. The oil is a fine aerosol mist.
              Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
              Originally posted by BoostedMamma
              Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

z

Comment

apexi and blitz are dry, blitz is the ss mesh, while apexi looks just like k&n

Comment

Working...
                  X