X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 300zx turbo opinions and info - long

First off a moment of silence for my wrecked AE.....RIP

Now I must bounce back!!!
    I am looking to purchase an 87 turbo with about 150K on it.

I have to go take a good look at it but the production date is 6/87. Does that mean that this one comes with the T3 turbo and the lsd? I think so but not sure. I do know it has the leather interior; does that mean it has the digital dash as well or were they different options back then. I should hear back from the owner on Monday. I will get a full description then of what has been done to her and the problems I know it must have.

Are there any chronic problems with the 87 turbos I should look at for?
    I know the 84-85 chronic issues like the stumbling on acceleration during warm-up.
    I don't know much about the 87-89 body or engine differences if any. I really need a lot of info from you guys and gals so I can make the right choice the first time.

As a side note question: Which turbo is the most desirable next to the SS??

I dont know about any problems with the cars other than things that need to be maintaned. The 84's and 85's stumbling on accel I belive is due to the CHTS.

I belive that if the car has a T3 it does NOT have the LSD. I could be wrong though. Cant for sure remember the 1987 dates for that. But I THINK 6/87 came with the LSD. :?

As far as which turbo model is the most desireable I would have to say either the 86 turbo because of the looks or the 89 turbo because of how rare they are. Someone here says there are only a couple hundred of the 89 turbo's! :shock:
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

blacksuntzu wrote:
      I have to go take a good look at it but the production date is 6/87. Does that mean that this one comes with the T3 turbo and the lsd?
      I believe so. It should also have the 8.3:1 cr w-series engine, and the 30a tranny. Good combo.
      imagination is a virtue

Comment

[quote]craZed wrote:
        Originally posted by blacksuntzu
        I have to go take a good look at it but the production date is 6/87. Does that mean that this one comes with the T3 turbo and the lsd?
        I believe so. It should also have the 8.3:1 cr w-series engine, and the 30a tranny. Good combo.
        thats an 87 model year produced in 6/87.. that means it has the LSD, T3 turbo and a non-W motor.. 88 and 89 model years had the W and the T25..

Comment

Working...
        X