No announcement yet.

RHD swap on US Z31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say they do know, all the information is there in the auction... They probably just dont care lol
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

You can get permission but it's hard, you have to get a certain certification and it's usually only granted to cars that were never released here and are registered as a special interest vehicle.

It would be a real pain in the ass to drive around though...
      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

There was one (2 seater RHD 3 liter turbo) for sale over here in West Oz, around the same time i got my 2+2. If i'd seen it, i'd probably have got that instead, but had already bought the 2+2.

It was a JDM model. Your probably better off waiting to find one in Aus than importing one from USA. Or you could try importing a RHD from Japan, save yourself the hassle of converting it to RHD.

Comment

I've got an 85T sitting in my driveway that I'm pulling a whole mess of parts from.
          If you want to ship it to Aus, it's yours.
          Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
          1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

YOu guys don't have a rolling importation law like Canada and certain parts of the USA have? I beleive Canada can import anything in LHD or RHD and long as its 15 years or older. I beleive most places in the US like Georgia have a 20 year old limit. I have been seeing alot of RHD GC8 Subies and EVO 4,5,6's at alot of shows in FLorida and at Nopi.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
            1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
            2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

NissanEgg wrote: YOu guys don't have a rolling importation law like Canada and certain parts of the USA have? I beleive Canada can import anything in LHD or RHD and long as its 15 years or older. I beleive most places in the US like Georgia have a 20 year old limit. I have been seeing alot of RHD GC8 Subies and EVO 4,5,6's at alot of shows in FLorida and at Nopi.
              Georgia has a rolling import law? I didn't know that. Thats pretty sweet. The need more of those. anything older than ten years might as well be legal since priviate imports are going to be mostly show cars that contribute little to pollution anyway. Why else would they care what is imported? I don't understand those laws...
              My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
              My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
              207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
              X