engine cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine cleaner

i bought a can of engine cleaner or engine degreaser and was going to spray it on my engine and then spray it off with a hose at one of those do it your self car wash places do i need to cover anything up or is there anything i should not spray this on thanks

Don't spray the distributor or coil. Cover it with a plastic bag. I wouldn't spray the alternator or any connectors.

Its always good to take the car for a long ride after and let it completely dry.
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Covering the intake is probably the most important if you have a pod/cone filter especially...
      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

NO DONT SPRAY at AlL i covered up everything , and sprayed the engine bay..... idle like shit and bogged until all the water dried off,

Comment

ilovezumabeach wrote: idle like shit and bogged until all the water dried off,
          common occurrence really. Personally I have always cleaned the heck out of everything and leave the hood open for a while after to let it all dry out good.

My next door neighbor was out in the driveway washing his 260Z a couple days ago. I heard him revign the car and it running like crap. I went out told him it will clear up once the water fouling stops. By that time he had the engine good and warm from trying to get it to work out. About 2 hours later it ran just fine.

Ive never been sure exactly what causes this but I no longer have the problem after using dielectric grease on every electrical connector in the engine bay. A little goes a long way. :wink:
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
            Originally posted by ilovezumabeach
            idle like shit and bogged until all the water dried off,
            common occurrence really. Personally I have always cleaned the heck out of everything and leave the hood open for a while after to let it all dry out good.

My next door neighbor was out in the driveway washing his 260Z a couple days ago. I heard him revign the car and it running like crap. I went out told him it will clear up once the water fouling stops. By that time he had the engine good and warm from trying to get it to work out. About 2 hours later it ran just fine.

Ive never been sure exactly what causes this but I no longer have the problem after using dielectric grease on every electrical connector in the engine bay. A little goes a long way. :wink:
            Its just water getting in the connections and messing things up. Good idea on the grease, as it will keep water out.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

OR-Zman wrote:

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
              X