Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANYONE else noticed a rev limiter on the 88 NA computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYONE else noticed a rev limiter on the 88 NA computer?

i was doing the one wheel burn out thing today and got a little crazy with the gas pedal

i let it rev up really high. i hit 6500 rpm and it bogged like a rev limiter. i didn't think the NA had a rev limiter.

for those that don't know i have an 88 NA computer in my 85 NA.

the rev limiter cuts off ignition . when i have hit it my car bucks ,like as if the ignition is being cut off and back on like a light switch somewhat.

Comment

Yes, all of them have rev limiters at 6450... it's the speed limiter that the NA ECU is lacking.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Yes, all of them have rev limiters at 6450... it's the speed limiter that the NA ECU is lacking.
        I have been trying to get the speed limiter to work on both the 88 and 84 na ECUS without any luck. I have tracked all the wires and connections and found that the wire to the ECU was left out of pin#29. I spliced it in and it still doesn't work. Not that I want to limit my speed, but I want to be able to data log various funcition along with the speed in NisTune. All the others work, but 0MPH for speed.
        My question is do the NA ECU's not have what ever it is inside to allow them to recored speed?
        ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

is there a speed sensor in the speedo.

my toyota supra motors computer had one i had to wire into my toyota truck.
          it was a major pain in the arse trying to figure it out so it would run right. 33" tires made the speedo off by 10mph. so the computer never really knew what was going on until i wired it right.

Comment

It is in the back of the speedometer in the analog cars and has a speed sensor near the cruise control on the passenger side fender in the digital cars. They both feed the signal to the purple wire that goes into the ECU in Pin #29.
            I spliced into that wire, but get no reading for MPH in NisTune.
            So my question is, do the NA ECU's not have the ability to input the speed signal? Or is there an address file that needs to be created in the ECU? Or what ?

Comment

Russ, I'm not really sure where the deficiency lies. I knew the harness was not pinned for it... but the variable sure seems to be there in the software. I guess we need to find out if the hardware is in fact different in that respect (could it be just plain 'left out' just like the knock sensor circuit is). I think Matt would be able to tell us easily enough if he had one of each ECU.

Comment

I think you are right, that it was either left out as the Knock sensor or the values have to be written in the code. I have posted the question on the NisTune Forum, just waiting to hear from Matt. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X