motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor

this kid in my area wants to sell me a motor and a tranny out of an 84 300zx turbo for 250. how if any way could i tell if its a decent deal. he says there is 110,000 miles on it i figured if i have the money it eould be good to have a round if i ever need to replace the one in my car or if i want to build a motor i could build that one and still drive my car. im going to look at it in a few day. can you guys give me some things to look for / ask / beware of any feeb back is appreciated thanks a bunch

It's a decent deal but know that the transmission that he's selling you is the weakest one you can get for a Z31.
    Funny stories!

Comment

Theres not really much you can check for with the engine out of the car. I would say you could do a compression test but again, its out of the car. I would say its a good deal. even if it needs to be rebuilt. Its allready out of the car. You would now have a replacement tranny if needed. YOU dont have to pull it. You can now build it while you drive your current one.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

it's right around the 120K maintenance (timing belt, water pump, etc...) so add another 120 to the list for parts...
        89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

xXxRocker5150 wrote: it's right around the 120K maintenance (timing belt, water pump, etc...) so add another 120 to the list for parts...
          Well, if he is planning on rebuilding it like he said then he is going to be adding a lot more than that
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

2slowtogofast wrote: this kid in my area wants to sell me a motor and a tranny out of an 84 300zx turbo for 250. how if any way could i tell if its a decent deal. he says there is 110,000 miles on it i figured if i have the money it eould be good to have a round if i ever need to replace the one in my car or if i want to build a motor i could build that one and still drive my car. im going to look at it in a few day. can you guys give me some things to look for / ask / beware of any feeb back is appreciated thanks a bunch
            Grammar police.....
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Working...
            X