5 point mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 point mounting

put this here cause it will probably result in flaming.

if i mounted the harness to the rear strut bar would it provide a shallow enough angle to not result in injury. i would think that the cusco one would be plenty strong materials to handle the loads of an accident.

thanks

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

That is going to get flamed. A strut bar will NOT be sufficient to protect you in an accident. And the angle will not be right since it is so far back. If you want a 5 point harness, get a real support in there to do so. AKA a proper cagebar setup.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Steve88t wrote: That is going to get flamed. A strut bar will NOT be sufficient to protect you in an accident. And the angle will not be right since it is so far back. If you want a 5 point harness, get a real support in there to do so. AKA a proper cagebar setup.
      Quoted for truth.

In no circumstance should a harness be mounted to a strut bar.
      2005 whore magnet

Comment

another question then, what is the maximum # of degrees you can go from horizontal and be safe?

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I belive it is 5 degrees. Do a search in the cosmetic section and you will find some stuff we were talking about on it.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
          X