8.5 BOOST SETTING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.5 BOOST SETTING

Hey guys, I'm running 8.5 Boost on my stock Turbo with the factory POV. Will I hurt anything running this combo temporarily until I install my IC and BOV?

the stock pov lets off at 7 psi. there is no way you can run above this. just remove it and plug the hole.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

BUT WILL I HURT ANYTHING???

Comment

No you wont hurt anything. You are fine. I would say once you go past 10-12 psi is when you need have the IC. Also at that point you should start thinking about upgrading your fuel system.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: No you wont hurt anything. You are fine. I would say once you go past 10-12 psi is when you need have the IC. Also at that point you should start thinking about upgrading your fuel system.
          even with stock boost it can't hurt anything if you live in a warm climate

only reason Wassman has one is because our MR2 driving friend was checking out his conversion at In-n-Out and was like, wtf, turbo with no intercooler? fuck that, I got a topmount with fan and everything, even a fuckload of piping, let's slap that bitch on!!!

Comment

Andrevas wrote: even with stock boost it can't hurt anything if you live in a warm climate
            what's the warm climate have to do with it. Wouldn't a cooler climate help stave off detonation?
            My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
            My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
            207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

[quote]Az4u2c wrote:
              Originally posted by Andrevas
              what's the warm climate have to do with it. Wouldn't a cooler climate help stave off detonation?
              I was referring to SATAN saying you don't need an intercooler til 10-12 psi of boost

Comment

[quote]Andrevas wrote: [quote=Az4u2c]
                Originally posted by Andrevas
                what's the warm climate have to do with it. Wouldn't a cooler climate help stave off detonation?I was referring to SATAN saying you don't need an intercooler til 10-12 psi of boost
                You said stock boost. I am aware of that. I said he doesnt need one till 10-12psi. That is what the general collected idea is. I personally could run 15lbs on the stock t-3 without an IC and no detonation due to my altitude.
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

fuelrags wrote: BUT WILL I HURT ANYTHING???
                  Maybe your clutch, otherwise no.
                  2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Nope you wont hurt anything-- well only a couple o ricers along the way, my first time i cranked up the boost my POV opened at 10 psi (which was scary) then i ran 10-14 psi with no intercooler for about a year and no problems (also wird and scary!!!! finaly installed my FMIC now running a conservative 10 psi- enough power to keep the famous black z beating every one here in Rosarito MX

As i walk thru the valley of rice, i fear no Honda, cause boost is with me.....
                    85-Turbo-5 speed,BOV,FMI,15Psi,Mustang rims,
                    87-Turbo-Automatic w/overdrive,LSD, Stock

Comment

how long do you think ill be safe boostin 14 with my ic in cali weather?
                      87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

Until you run out of gas? :P
                        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: Until you run out of gas? :P
                          :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

well to be safe keep a t 10-12 psi max intercooled, 90+ octane and top running car- this way will be boosting long time-

beter to losa a race than siting in you car with a blown engine!!

As i walk thru the valley of rice, i fear no Honda, cause boost is with me.....
                            85-Turbo-5 speed,BOV,FMI,15Psi,Mustang rims,
                            87-Turbo-Automatic w/overdrive,LSD, Stock

Comment

I beat on mine for a year at 15psi non-intercooled before the engine blew.
                              And it didn't blow until the boost controler went bad and shot it to 18+psi.
                              imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                              X