• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with a shiro thats a little different

I'll get strait to the point:

This is my shiro

some asshat stripped the white paint off the wheels :evil:

I want to kick the ass of the guy that did this, the dash is perfect other than these

its not pretty but it gets the job done, because it has this

I didn't put the motor in the car so don't ask me how to do it, but I'm sure that in the comming months, as I dig into, it I will figure out what wiring changes were done to make it run.

I do know that it is using a z32 na flywheel and clutch with the stock 88t drivetrain; tranny(bolts up with no problems), drive shaft, ect...
    88 SS with vg30det
    has rust, needs paint , but runs like a raped ape on speed

That, my friend is fan fricken tastic! Are you the one that prepped the car or did you get it like that? Either way, I hope you do it up good!

nice car, looks to be pretty straight too. Congrats
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Hey, welcome to the unofficial shiro club Looks like you have a big job there. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff like the wheels. You can paint those when you paint the body. Let's hear more about the motor even if you aren't the one who installed it.

Comment

I got the car how it sits other than then the handfull of little things I've fixed and/or replaced.

Next thing on the list (after I get the tranny back in) is to get an intercooler on the car, because feeling the computer pull timing after 3 or 4 WOT romps at only 10 psi on a warm night makes me sad.

But furture plans include a gt35.
        88 SS with vg30det

Comment

nice VG30DET 8)

damn talk about alot of cosmetic work to do!

Comment

I like the det's. The intake manifold makes the engine bay much cleaner

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Shirodet wrote: I got the car how it sits other than then the handfull of little things I've fixed and/or replaced.

Next thing on the list (after I get the tranny back in) is to get an intercooler on the car, because feeling the computer pull timing after 3 or 4 WOT romps at only 10 psi on a warm night makes me sad.

But furture plans include a gt35.
              Give me the gt35 and I'll give you an almost perfect shiro nose and a perfect shiro lip and four white shiro wheels 8)

Comment

Yes I agree that all that is easy to swap, but the thick caked on grease and crud on all the bolts holding it all on is a good sign that it has never been out of the car.

But, I'll go make sure everything matchs up and punch the vin into the shiro registry on your site to confirm after work today.
                88 SS with vg30det

Comment

LOL @ the gauges on the passenger side, they must be really useful when you're driving along haha
                  http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

First things first. Go kick the previous owner in the teeth for destroying that dash.

Nice project though, I'm jealous.

Love the Shiro's.
                    Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                    1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                    2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

300zxt wrote: LOL @ the gauges on the passenger side, they must be really useful when you're driving along haha

The funny thing is that the oil pressure gauge is the only one that is working, and you guys don't even want to see how the illumination was
                      wired. :shock:
                      88 SS with vg30det

Comment

That looks a lot like the SS owned by a guy named Rick in Jacksonville, FL. I think his screen name on z31.com was turbo300zx1988ss or something like that. I don't know if any old posts survive but he did post some info on what/how things were done. When I last saw it, he was stripping the paint of the wheels, the body looked like he was prepping it for paint, and it had the VG30DET in it but that was a couple years ago. He has a cardomain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/778481/1 that has pics of the swap so you might find some useful info there.

Comment

amazing, I looked to buy that car from Rick 3+ years ago after my '89 was crushed by a Mack truck. The ss blew an oil line during my test drive so I passed. Anyway, it's good to see it's still kicking. Congrats on the new car.
                          2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

it's a blood diamond, rough on the outside..... I say paint it translucent black with a brighter red or purple base so it shimmers with colour in the sunlight, polish the wheels or just splurge on some hot rims

Comment

Signal 12 wrote: amazing, I looked to buy that car from Rick 3+ years ago after my '89 was crushed by a Mack truck. The ss blew an oil line during my test drive so I passed. Anyway, it's good to see it's still kicking. Congrats on the new car.
                              Ha, I arrived just after you left, must have passed you on your way out. The car still had oil running down the passenger fender when I pulled up. I think I was looking at a Kaminari rear wing he had for sale...or was it parts from an AE?

Comment

Working...
                              X