2 more questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more questions

i took the insulation out from under my hood because it was falling down itf i dont replace it will this cause damage to the paint on my hood from the heat from the engine.

and i took the rear spolier off the back and i love the way it looks with out it. does anybondy have an inexpensive way to cover these holes up bondo or something along those lines i dont knw. i dont want to put it back on but i dont like the hole just hanging out there either

2slowtogofast wrote: i took the insulation out from under my hood because it was falling down itf i dont replace it will this cause damage to the paint on my hood from the heat from the engine.
    There's debate about this on every auto forum around. I've had mine off for nearly 2 years in hot Florida and haven't had issues (knock on wood).

and i took the rear spolier off the back and i love the way it looks with out it. does anybondy have an inexpensive way to cover these holes up bondo or something along those lines i dont knw. i dont want to put it back on but i dont like the hole just hanging out there either
    How's the paint under the spoiler? Any pictures? I've been considering taking my wing off and replacing it as well. As far as the holes, welding & grinding would be the "best" way, but to do it inexpensive bondo or maybe fiberglass would be ok.
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

I started a thread on the hood insulation in the Cosmetics arena. I removed mine. So have many others.
      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

It's a fire mat...

Jealous? lol
        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

spoiler is off. i was pleasently suprised to find no rust under it. today i am filling in the holes and painting it will post pics when im done. i also got rid of the rear wiper to the back of my car looks so much more cleaner with out it. thanks for everyones replies i am more then happy with the way this is turning out. after this headliner is the next thing im going to take on. :lol:

Comment

def post pics when your done
            2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

I though it was for sound insulation.

Comment

Signal 12 wrote:
                How's the paint under the spoiler? Any pictures? I've been considering taking my wing off and replacing it as well. As far as the holes, welding & grinding would be the "best" way, but to do it inexpensive bondo or maybe fiberglass would be ok.
                When I replaced mine, the paint was brand new underneith....
                http://www.vgpowered.com
                Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

My insulator was missing on mine. The paint on the hood is drying out and starting to crack.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
                  1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
                  2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Working...
                  X