86 Turbo Wheel Spinners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Turbo Wheel Spinners

How do I stop the star shaped Hub Caps / Spinners from moving. I can align them correctly and when I get home they are all moved. I thought about tape but realized they connect to the Wheel and not the Hub?

What have other people done other than replace their Wheels as I want to keep mine as original as possible. Maybe a small disk or rubber punched in against the back to cause the prongs to spread out?

Al
    1986 Turbo GL
    1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto

There is supposed to be a small notch on one of the points of the star, and a corresponding notch on the wheel.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Comment

Seriously? I have to find said notch. Stupid thing drives me crazy because it moves and makes a little "click" every rotation.
      __________________________________________________ ___________________
      "Aim towards the Enemy." --
      Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

86 N/A:Rebuilt Autotragic, Cat Delete, PRW-2, Poly Bushings, MSA sway bars, Pioneer HU and Speakers, Sleepy Eyes
      Current 0-60: 10.0 flat =[

Comment

keep in mind the 86 turbo and 86 NA center caps look very similar but are not the same size. I can't remember which but one fits both but is loose on the wrong one

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
        1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
        1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Comment

On one wheel from my Titan, most of the plastic tabs broke off of the center cap.
          I just put 2-3 dabs of RTV and put it back on. Using that little amount will definitely hold it on there, but will allow me to take it off if I need to.

Maybe a suggestion.

Comment

I will look for the notch. The spinners on my Wheels are the same as for the AE. The NA are smaller as I got a set from EBay and they do not fit. The ones on it are original from when I bought it in 2005. If I use the Black Silicone, will it break the tip or prong when I remove it? IT a great idea as longs as I can remove , clean and replace?
            1986 Turbo GL
            1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto

Comment

If it spins around, the bump on the cap must be worn down or broken. The notch on the wheel is still there though. I would just a get JB-weld and put a little glob where the old notch used to be. Let it dry then install it making sure your jb-weld bump fits into the notch in the wheel.
              Justin
              1986 NA 2-seater
              SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
              Race Videos
              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by reddzx View Post
                keep in mind the 86 turbo and 86 NA center caps look very similar but are not the same size. I can't remember which but one fits both but is loose on the wrong one
                Ha, I guess those are the kind of things you learn from owning many Z's.
                __________________________________________________ ___________________
                "Aim towards the Enemy." --
                Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

86 N/A:Rebuilt Autotragic, Cat Delete, PRW-2, Poly Bushings, MSA sway bars, Pioneer HU and Speakers, Sleepy Eyes
                Current 0-60: 10.0 flat =[

Comment

I heard buying new wheels will resolve this issue
                  86na - BlueZ
                  Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
                  85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

Figured it out. I cut a 1 inch piece of tie wrap (like wrapped around a loaf of bread or trash bag, with a thin wire in it). I glued it to the tab on the spinner. An hour later I slipped it on the wheel. They do not move, are removed easily and do not rattle.

Al
                    1986 Turbo GL
                    1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto

Comment

Working...
                    X