Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feul pressure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • feul pressure

    where is the fuel pressure regulator located in a 87 300zx?
    i think thats whats been causing all my problems with my car.

    thanks in advance as always,'

    (btw i did a search but found nuthing.)

  • #2


    What makes you think it's the FPR? One test I know of is to take off the top vacuum line and see if fuel squirts out, if it does then it's bad.
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

    Comment


    • #3
      lol i foud the regulator right after posting this.

      umm.
      it wasnt it completly.
      but im bout to go try the vacume hose idea,
      considering i just replaced that one like 5 mins ago.

      Comment


      • #4
        ok no gas coming from the pfr but, the wire that goes the the pfr broke, would that effect anything or was it a ground?

        Comment


        • #5
          Lucidix wrote: ok no gas coming from the pfr but, the wire that goes the the pfr broke, would that effect anything or was it a ground?
          fuel temp sensor, doesn't do much. except for make the sensor light turn on. 2 options to turn it off. Under the left side of the dash is a yellow connector, unplug it. Also you can try to solder it back on. Oh yea and a better way to test the fpr is to take the vacuum line that connects to it and suck on it, if it taste like fuel than it is your problem but most likely it is not your problem.
          KILL HADJI

          Comment


          • #6
            ok well then im not gonna worry about it at all then.

            the sensor light hasnt come on.... yet.

            but this is what my cars doing.

            at first it starts and runs Fine.

            but give it maybe 2-5 mins and the rpms cut down to

            Comment


            • #7
              Have you checked all the ignition related components and the base timing?

              Comment


              • #8
                Jason84NA2T wrote: Have you checked all the ignition related components and the base timing?
                checked. all ignition stuff, ie coil, cap, distrib. ect ect,
                but why would my timing belt be off?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Base ignition timing.

                  How does it drive during and after warmup?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    during the first start it runs prefect for about 4-5 mins then it starts idling below 1000(sometimes then engine will cut out before it starts idling wrong), but if im in gear driving sometimes it will cut off for like maybe a sec then cut back on and drive fine for a while then starts idling off again.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Lucidix wrote: during the first start it runs prefect for about 4-5 mins then it starts idling below 1000(sometimes then engine will cut out before it starts idling wrong), but if im in gear driving sometimes it will cut off for like maybe a sec then cut back on and drive fine for a while then starts idling off again.
                      Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Check all your injector leads by wiggling them with a screwdriver on the injector and your ear. Recheck all ignition-related wiring. Re-check the codes in the ECU to see if you have a bad sensor. That's about all the advice I can give.

                      The engine should idle around 650RPM, so I don't know why yours being below 1000rpm is wrong.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        right idles like i would say below 500rpms.

                        but when my ac is on its at 1000.
                        when it ran good anyway,
                        but no my idle is completly off.

                        also my ecu code gave me the code that list the troddle postion sensor and feul injectors.
                        so im gonna get a new tps and check my fuel injectors.

                        hopefully its my tps cuz thats the cheapest part.
                        lol.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Check the injector leads before anything else, using the screwdriver trick. It takes 5 mins and could be the source of your problem.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jason84NA2T wrote: Check the injector leads before anything else, using the screwdriver trick. It takes 5 mins and could be the source of your problem.
                            should i be wiggling the fuel injectors power lead or the part coming off the fuel rail.

                            and what should i be listing for?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              power lead.

                              put the screwdriver on the injector lightly and out it to your ear. You will hear a definitive click every time it fires, along with background noise from the valves and other injectors. You will be able to immidiately tell if they are firing.

                              How simple do I need to make this?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X