X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo questions

http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3
    2005 whore magnet

I'd like to know what turbo you guys would recommend for an NA2T myself. Using the stock turbine and O2 elbow, daily driver, strictly street driven, wanting 400+whp. I know other mods are needed (ECU tune, bigger injectors, etc.) in addition to the list of parts needed from a turbo car (crossmember, oil pan, etc.). I am just having trouble deciding on a turbo, and as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the local shops are no help.

Comment

esciii wrote: I'd like to know what turbo you guys would recommend for an NA2T myself. Using the stock turbine and O2 elbow, daily driver, strictly street driven, wanting 400+whp. I know other mods are needed (ECU tune, bigger injectors, etc.) in addition to the list of parts needed from a turbo car (crossmember, oil pan, etc.). I am just having trouble deciding on a turbo, and as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the local shops are no help.
      What I see your turbo selection boiling down to is a modified exhaust elbow and larger turbine at the very least. You're going to have to do something about the turbine either way, because a stock T3 turbine will choke big time over ~300rwhp.

Comment

Well, that sucks and blows!

I already ported my O2 elbow and enlarged the wastegate port to be a better match to the flapper. I was going to have the housing bored for a larger turbine wheel. One shop here said stg 2 was biggest they would put in, another said they wouldn't put anything larger than stock, last one said cram a p trim in there! I guess my hp expectations were a little on the high side!

Comment

Re: Well, that sucks and blows!

esciii wrote: One shop here said stg 2 was biggest they would put in, another said they wouldn't put anything larger than stock, last one said cram a p trim in there! I guess my hp expectations were a little on the high side!
          Stage 3 is as big as I would ever cram in there. Roastin300 had a p-trim and his spool was pretty awful, plus we are not sure if it even flowed much more air. Boring a housing is a cheap fix for an annoying problem regarding turbocharger fitment. It is by no means the best way to do it, as a notable amount of turbine efficiency is lost in the end. It's still way better than clipping a turbine... any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
          X