Forced Induction on VG30E vs. VG30ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Induction on VG30E vs. VG30ET

Before I ask my question: I'm a turbo newbie, a complete turbo n00b!!! Okay, now that we have that out of the way...

What are the advantages of forced induction on the VG30E vs. the VG30ET?

I realize they have different compression ratio's, but I am not knowledgable enough to discern the answer to my question from that.

Thanks for any replies :wink:
    85 NA2T 9:1 Compression, CM 3" exhaust, Complete Interior Restoration
    94 Maxima
    ...VG30 FTW!!

The only advantage of an NA engine is compression. 9:1 vs 7.8:1 or 8.3:1 Which would make for quicker spool, more low end power, and also gas mileage for daily drivers.

Both are capable of tremendous power. You just have to tune them a little differently.
    KILL HADJI

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated
      85 NA2T 9:1 Compression, CM 3" exhaust, Complete Interior Restoration
      94 Maxima
      ...VG30 FTW!!

Comment

n/a compression is the way to go. anything else sucks, unless it`s a super track car. for street, do 9:1

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
        good thing....

Comment

Agreed. Project '88t is a 9:1. Being the first one I have ever done, I must say I like the improvement on the bottom end. This is just another thing that I wish Nissan would have done from the very beginning.
          8)
          I am here to help...

Comment

My 9:1 setup is much more responsive than my 8.3:1 and that's even pulling less than ~15 vacuum and with a T3/T4 instead of the T25 on the 8.3:1 motor.
            Originally posted by Andrew84zx
            tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
            545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Working...
            X