Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind

i want to change the oil in my car what kind do u think is best it has 100k

2slowtogofast wrote: i want to change the oil in my car what kind do u think is best it has 100k
    Mobil One Synthetic
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

Mobil One is the best synthetic on the market that you can easily obtain. Most synthetics are high quality oils and will work just fine.

~NEVER buy Castrol Syntec; it is the worst performing synthetic on the market and is even outperformed by some conventional oils.
      ~NEVER buy Amsoil; they do not allow ANY independent testing of their products for obvious reasons!

Comment

[quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
        Originally posted by 2slowtogofast
        i want to change the oil in my car what kind do u think is best it has 100k
        Mobil One Synthetic
        2nd. Only thing with synthetic is that if your car had previously been using dino oil then you may develop a small leak.
        " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
        LaterZ

Comment

I use castrol syntec...it sure did clean out the engine.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

ya this is gonna sound stupid but i cant find the oil filter can some one point me in the right direction

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote:
              ~NEVER buy Castrol Syntec; it is the worst performing synthetic on the market and is even outperformed by some conventional oils.
              I was just thinking to change my oils to these Castrol TWS 10W60..

If i don't change to that i'll put Mobil Rally Formula.
              Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
              Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
              http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

just get the mobil1 10w40 with delvac.... delvac is a detergent that helps the crust from forming

Comment

G-E wrote: just get the mobil1 10w40 with delvac.... delvac is a detergent that helps the crust from forming
                  It's also really good at breaking down whats already in there which can lead to leaks.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

how many quarts of oil do these cars uselly take i have an 85 but my dipstick is cracked half way down

Comment

can you post a link to the test of castrol oil. i have been using there oil for years. i never seem to burn it off in my high mileage cars.

i have been running the castrol syntech, the half conventional half synthetic oil. and i always run napa oil filters.

i'd just like to know. i run this oil in my wifes car and mine. my wifes gets 5w30 and mine gets 10w30. i change the oil in my Z every 2500 miles.

Comment

the z takes 4.25 quarts with filter, and 3 7/8's without.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

For Synthetics I'm a fan of Mobil 1. Used it in almost all my cars and love it.
                          For regular oil I'm a fan of Valvoline. I get some ticking noise from the lifters when I use Pennzoil for some reason.

On a side note be careful when flushing out the motor. I did the Seafoam treatment to everything and when i changed my oil it came out nice and black but what scared me was that my filter was filled with sludge. And i mean FILLED. I'm going to do another oil change in like 100miles just to be sure there's nothing clogged up in there. On the plus side my lifters have stopped making cold morning clatter.

Comment

84z31 wrote: can you post a link to the test of castrol oil. i have been using there oil for years. i never seem to burn it off in my high mileage cars.
                            There is no link... this was from a document regarding OE precertification testing at MagnaSteyr which engineers most of the SRT products.

Comment

So would it be a good idea to stop using Castrol GTX conventional oil. Or is it ok ive always used it, and thougt it was good. But i know nothing.
                              Loc Dog dont ride for no trick ass bitchs....WORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X