What companys to use to create a stroker kit for VG30ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What companys to use to create a stroker kit for VG30ET

I wanted to know what Company makes Aftermarket Pistons,Rods, and Crankshaft or anything else to build a VG30ET
    "It's not your vision getting bad... You just lost sight of my taillights"

How much power are you after?
    Im no pro but I know that even rebuilt with stock internals the VG30 is capable of making 500+hp atw.

Comment

No one actually makes any of those for the vg30et. But the parts for the VG30DETT almost fit right in. The crank, atomic speedware quoted me a custom forged crank for around $3,000.

If you want a stronger bottom end your only options are, to get vg30dett rods(eagle, crower, and pauter) Eagles are the cheapest.

As for pistons you can get custom ones made and have a custom bore and compression, or you can get off the shelf vg30dett pistons (vg30dett rods are required because of the wrist pin size) you will need to calculate your compression because the size of the CC are different in the dohc and the sohc.

As for bearing, no one really pays attention but Kings offers a very nice slick coated bearing set for our cars. I got a set for about $40 a pack (both rod and main bearings). They have a silicon (i think that is what it is) coating to help with first startup and any oil starvation in an emergency.

Nismo offers a chromoly oil gear set that will increase oil flow. They say it is not really needed unless you are running above 7,200 rpm.

I think that is about it.
      KILL HADJI

Comment

there are two approaches for increasing VG30 engine displacement

a) run a VG33 block and overbore it for Q45 size pistons, you can use VG30DE rods with these as the wrist pin is the same size

b) get a custom stroker crank or spend a crapload of money on a Z32 JUN stroker kit and have the crank modified to work with a VG30ET since the snouts are different and a few other misc things.

or combine both for something slightly bigger than a VQ35

IMO the best thing to do cost wise is just run Q45 pistons for a 3.4 liter setup.

Comment

hm

Would it be better if i just do a Z32 TT swap?
          Attached Files
          "It's not your vision getting bad... You just lost sight of my taillights"

Comment

ugggh

Read:
            http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm

The VG30 offers plenty of Displacement to make any kind of power you want. The only limit is your Wallet.
            2005 whore magnet

Comment

say good by to your roomy engine bay for the z32 swap.
              Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

On top of that... it almost seems the VG30E(T) is a bit more reliable than the TT. I constantly hear of guys breaking TT's and not even with that much power.

Maybe it should be the reverse... a VG30ET in a Z32.
                Attached Files

Comment

To answer your question simply: Any company that does that kind of custom work will be able to build parts for the VG provided you have the money to pay them for the work.

Hmmmm, let's think about this stroker idea for a second. The same thought crossed my mind a while back, but after some thinking I determined it was a waste of thought. The ideal stroke/bore ratio is said to be around .8-.95 for most "race" engines?

Assuming you start with a VG30 which is 87x83 mm, that's already .954 ratio. Now, weld and offset grind the crank to make it about 3.2L, use your new custom pistons and/or shorter rods and you now have a 3.2L engine with over a 1.0 stroke/bore ratio, and probably worse chamber filling and lower redline (due to the taller chamber and higher inertial loads respectively) than a VG33 would have for a grand total of nearly $3000?

Or you start with a VG30, put the right parts in and on it to run eleventy billion pounds of boost and make 1000bhp.

Comment

z32 needs a weight loss plan

Comment

Tell me about it... I have a couple of them and they are hogs. A guy over at 300ZX Club said a completely stripped Z32 still weighed between 1,500 to 1,800 (that's absolutely nothing at all... the bare bones of the chassis)... :shock:

Comment

Re: hm

Carbon_Z31 wrote: Would it be better if i just do a Z32 TT swap?
                        um, no.

here's a crate engine for you, buy one of these:
                        https://www.amzperformance.com/z31/?pag ... 1dc255808&

Comment

yay, crate engines

Comment

Re: hm

[quote]Andrevas wrote:
                            Originally posted by Carbon_Z31
                            Would it be better if i just do a Z32 TT swap?um, no.

here's a crate engine for you, buy one of these:
                            https://www.amzperformance.com/z31/?pag ... 1dc255808&
                            You could build a better 3.4liter yourself. ie better flowing heads, forged internals, knifecut crank counterweights, and a high flow oil pump for far less money than they are asking.
                            KILL HADJI

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Or you start with a VG30, put the right parts in and on it to run eleventy billion pounds of boost and make 1000bhp.

EXACTLY
                              I dont know why everyone over complicates things no need for an increase in stoke or bore needed nor is there an top secret mad scientist formula to make power on these motors.
                              2005 whore magnet

Comment

Working...
                              X