cooling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling...

hey does anyone know what aftermarket radiators are available i tried searching but didn't find something besides the euro rad on AMZ... i could get one custom made but i wanted to stick to something with a warranty ora brand name at least,
    thanks in advance

also what is the diff between the turbo and na radiators?
    Stocker 87 na z31 and a slightly modded 90 240sx

N/A = single core
    Turbo = dual core
    All aftermarket OEM style replacements I have seen are dual core.

Euro is overpriced for what you get.

As far as aftermarket, everything I have ever seen is a "custom" installation in one way or another. Find something that fits how you want it to, look at what others have done (vertical mount, etc), yadda yadda.

Comment

that i didn't know thank you very much for the reply because it was going to kill me... that's unfortunate that nobody makes aftermarket radiators

is there any diff mounting wise for the turbo rad? meaniing can i use it on my n/a?

Comment

No differences in mounting.

One of the reasons there is no "direct fit" replacement for our car is that demand for one is non-existent. The stock turbo radiator is better than most people will ever need, even with more than double stock horsepower. Oh, and they are $125 shipped online; you can't beat that.

If you really want to spend your money on a radiator... Mark86t has a custom unit in the stock location, and lots of people use a small afco in a vertical mount to same on room for intercooler/intake piping.

I'd suggest you buy something useful with your money, but what do I know?

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: lots of people use a small afco in a vertical mount to same on room for intercooler/intake piping.
          there actually is an AFCO unit on ebay right now

Comment

2 things what's afco? and where do you get it online for $125 because i work at a car parts store and i can't get it cheaper than like 140 because nobody really makes them anymore ESPECIALLY the turbo one (the turbo rad is what i want)

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: All aftermarket OEM style replacements I have seen are dual core.
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

I just got one from carquest for 125 plus tax. Dual core. Advanced was 160 and Napa was 170.

Comment

hey what brand does carquest carry and what is the part # you have if you don't mind sharing i have one in stock at my store but it says excl. turbo.... does anyone have dimensions for the 2 rads?

Comment

I have received a single core aftermarket (by mistake), so don't assume they are all dual core. Dual core is all I ever use.
                    Chuck Stong
                    300+ Parts and Performance owner
                    http://www.300-plus.com
                    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
                    X