oil pressure gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure gauge?

i have a stock oil pressure guage in my 88t and i am putting an autometer in but have no clue where to hook it up too...my current stock one dose not work but i think its th gauge itself

might be the sender or the shitty wiring too.... I got no oil pressure on the stock guage.... replaced the sender with a different one and I got a "little"

using a mechanical guage I get full pressure

Comment

You need a fitting that threads into the block where teh stock sender was. I think someone knows the thread size and pitch *cough*.

it's 1/8" BSPT

Comment

Yes, and you should NOT mount your gauge on the inside of the car. You will get DQ'd at any track who's tech is paying attention.

Get an electric one if you want to mount it inside the car.
        BLOZ UP.com
        It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

BLOZ UP wrote: Yes, and you should NOT mount your gauge on the inside of the car. You will get DQ'd at any track who's tech is paying attention.

what....? iv never heard that.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: You need a fitting that threads into the block where teh stock sender was. I think someone knows the thread size and pitch *cough*.

it's 1/8" BSPT
            what side is the sender on? the passenger side of the block?

Comment

TurboZkid wrote: what side is the sender on? the passenger side of the block?
              Don't you have a FAS/Haynes manual?

it's right behind the oil filter on the passenger side.

Comment

[quote]TurboZkid wrote:
                Originally posted by BLOZ UP
                Yes, and you should NOT mount your gauge on the inside of the car. You will get DQ'd at any track who's tech is paying attention.

what....? iv never heard that.
                Chances are, if you run an 11 or slower, no one will check.

But, if that oil line breaks, you'll never be able to get the oil and smell out from under your dash and on your carpet.
                BLOZ UP.com
                It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

What's that got to do with being DQ'd for an oil gauge though?
                  http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Dumping hot oil in the passenger compartment is a fire hazzard. Tracks don't like it when that happens.
                    Attached Files
                    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

I just got my gauges in but I didn't know I needed a fitting.... does anyone have the auto meter part number for the oil pressure fitting that goes in the block.
                      1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

there ya go, same one I used. The rest of the autometer oil gauge kit will thread into there.
                        vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                        2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I didn't like the nylon line either.. I did think about getting a lot of silicone fuel hose (for nitro R/C cars) and running the nylon line inside of there.

It doesn't seem like you would lose that much oil, through such a small line, unless you just keep on driving like that... It took a minute or two of running for it to purge all the air out of the line.

but then again, I do keep a pair or two of hemostats in the car... useful for clamping things like vaccum lines closed...

I do agree, electrics are the best... but so much more expensive.
                          Attached Files
                          vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                          2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

grahfz wrote: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

there ya go, same one I used. The rest of the autometer oil gauge kit will thread into there.
                            Thanks grahfz for the part number. I'll be using the electric oil pressure gauge.
                            1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

just a random thing related to this. not sure if this is a common problem but the connector to the oil pressue guage tends to slip off inside the engine compartment. for awhile i just thought that my sending unit went out, then i changed my starter soon after and found the issue.
                              1984 300zx Ae Turbo(under repair...)
                              1989 240sx rb20(daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                              X