Solid mount questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid mount questions

I'm interested in replacing my mounts and bushings, I want to upgrade to poly/ solid so I wont have to worry about them ever again.
    I have come across Stubby solid motor mounts on ASCO, vibrations aside being able to lower the engine to be able to install a Pathfinder plenum sounds good to me.
    My concern is how things will line up, for the transmission ASCO has Polyurethane mounts, will they do fine with the engine being lower on solid mounts, will I need something specific?

Thank you

You should be fine. FlawleZ has ran custom solid mounts with a factory transmission mount for over 2 years. While making 545 RWHP/540 RWTQ.
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Just get the polyurethane mounts.

Don't install the pathfinder intake if you plan to go turbo, it's a bad choice.

Is your car even running?

Comment

I'm running solid z32 motor mounts, vibration is not noticeable around town, but I have a pretty good buzz at ~80mph indicated, although that might be drive-line related since I have an aftermarket driveshaft
        Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Comment

Originally posted by 88sinZ View Post
          Just get the polyurethane mounts.

Don't install the pathfinder intake if you plan to go turbo, it's a bad choice.

Is your car even running?
          I don't plan to go turbo, and the car is running. My choice would be Poly but since the solid mounts lower the engine I was interested in getting them instead.

Comment

I've got full poly, it does add some harsh to the ride. Personally I wouldn't suggest solid.

Comment

Yah, I went solid and immediately regretted it, too much vibration for cruising around town.

Comment

I have solid with my 270 cams. only notice anything when idling, and even then it's barely worth mentioning. otherwise it's just fine all the way to/through 6k.
                Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
                Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X