Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to use a n/a vg30e motor on a Vg30et ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to use a n/a vg30e motor on a Vg30et ecu?

So i recently bought a z31 1987 Turbo, and we pulled apart the motor to found out that it dropped a valve putting a big hole in piston 1 and then destroying the head. Ive done some research but am not best when it comes to Numbers. Ive talked to a guy who has a vg30e motor out of a 1986 z31, and my only worries are, that the compression ratio is different and that that they are different years with different aspirations, any input helps! and to add if i were to put the turbo from the vg30et motor on the N/A would that mess it up more or help?

Nah, you'll be fine using an 9.0:1 NA motor in your 87T. 87T motors can have different turbos and compression ratios depending on if it's an early or late 87.

But, many people have turbo'd NA motors in the past, it's just a bit more sensitive to boost, but will be fine. I've got an NA motor lined up for an upcoming 88T build.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
      Nah, you'll be fine using an 9.0:1 NA motor in your 87T. 87T motors can have different turbos and compression ratios depending on if it's an early or late 87.

But, many people have turbo'd NA motors in the past, it's just a bit more sensitive to boost, but will be fine. I've got an NA motor lined up for an upcoming 88T build.
      alright thanks bud, really relieved some stress off my back!

Comment

It might just be me, but I always liked the 84-85 turbo motors because they have the low 7.8:1 compression ratio. That way have to worry too much about detonation running 10psi w.o an intercooler. I have an NA engine in my hard top. If I keep the car and go the turbo route, I'm going to swap it for an 84 turbo engine.

Comment

It's what I'm running. No problems
          1986zxt w/ '86, 56k mile, na engine (turbo bits swapped), K&N intake, 3" CM Performance turbo-back exhaust, Eibachs, KYB shocks, Front Mount Intercooler (2.5" plumbing), Turbosmart MBC/9 lbs, recirculating BOV, ASCO plenum, dual fans, Maxima alt, Champion 3 row Radiator.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package

Comment

Originally posted by jdmlegends View Post
            It might just be me, but I always liked the 84-85 turbo motors because they have the low 7.8:1 compression ratio. That way have to worry too much about detonation running 10psi w.o an intercooler. I have an NA engine in my hard top. If I keep the car and go the turbo route, I'm going to swap it for an 84 turbo engine.
            Well my problem is that I domt live around to many big cities and no one were selling any around here. One day a na motor popped up so I ran over 2 hours a way and picked it up for $280. Now the car starts after messing with the timing, but dies after a couple of seconds if you dont give it gas. I was gonna mess with the maf tonight and maybe adjust the tps..?

Comment

Working...
            X