RT Trailing Arm kit questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT Trailing Arm kit questions

I'm getting ready to redo the suspension on my 86 turbo and had some questions about this kit. I put it here because I'm basically a newbie when it comes to virtually everything.

The parts I have so far are bilsteins for the front (rears are already done by the p.o. with around 5000 miles on them) and 85 na tubes/spindles so they fit properly. The springs are vogtland because that's what I could find new and they seem to have decent reviews. I believe they are supposed to give a 1"-1.5" drop. I got the bump steer kit from past power innovations and the poly bushing kit plus new strut isolaters to replace all of the rubber. I'm already running 20mm hub adapters.

My plan is to swap all that in and live with it to see how bad the rear camber is but I'm sure I'll need the kit to properly adjust everything. I just don't want it out of commission for that long this summer. I've got a very talented welder friend to install the RT kit but he tends to get backed up.

Enough rambling. My questions are, if that's all I have planned, (1) do I need to add the caliper brackets to the kit or am I fine as is and (2) how bad is the camber on 1.5" or so drop? Also with the stock rims and tire sizes how much rubbing should I expect with the adapters I have installed
Working...
X