new mercedes injectors, runs bad rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mercedes injectors, runs bad rich

I just installed a set a new set of mercedes Injectors, now my car will not even go past 3,500 rpm. I can see lots black smoke out of the exhust, Can It be that rich with out a fuel managent system?

omgwtfbbq

you're doubling your injector size and asking if you need any other changes?

you seriously have to start reading things like the turbo faq, this is far too n00bish

Comment

What exactly, if anything, are you doing to adjust for the larger injectors?

Comment

I have lots of upgrades, CIMA turbo, Kakimoto Full 3'' exhust, Isky turbo cams, z32tt fuel pump, I was going to add Nitrous, dry fog. I bought the kit. But thought I need bigger injectors. Now my car is not drivable, runs poor, black smoke, cuts out about 3,500. Not sure what to do?. add a apexi safc 2, or call Jim Wolf for a ECU. I was running 14.6 a few weeks a go. I have added a posi. Any ideas?

Comment

I did nothing, I thought it would run a little rich, but damm, It took me like 8 hours to install the injectors, And it runs like crap, so much for cruising tonight.

Comment

/me looks for a match. We're gonna have flames tonight!
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

edsz31 wrote: I did nothing, I thought it would run a little rich, but damm, It took me like 8 hours to install the injectors, And it runs like crap, so much for cruising tonight.
              420/260 = 1.62 or a ~62% increase in fuel flow at the same pulsewidth.

That means a 14.7:1 air to fuel ratio would become about a 9.0 AFR with just swapping the injectors, which is so rich the engine can barely fire.

You will need to reduce the fuel pressure to a point where the car will run better (but too low below ~30PSI and the fuel won't atomize properly) and defeat the purpose of running larger injectors until you can correct for the injector increase using one of the many available methods...

Comment

Im not sure what to do, if I pay $500.00 for a J-W ecu, I may want to upgrade The turbo later may need to get ecu upgraded again. If I get a Apexi safc I will need to program it I have a 4 gas at work, But no dyno. Whats the best way to lower fuel pressure, Fuel pressure regulator?

Comment

again read the turbo faq.... your options are listed

Comment

I will try to find, new here, LOL

Comment

I cant find the turbo faq Help

Comment

edsz31 wrote: I cant find the turbo faq Help
                        First thread on the top of this page

This thread is done
                        2005 whore magnet

Comment