anyone ran kumho tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ran kumho tires?

i found a pretty good deal at discount tire. the nearest store is about an hour and half from me in salt lake.

i'm thinking about running these on my stock sized wheels. 15x6.5

the tires are 225x50x15 and are made by kuhmo Ecsta AST.

they are the following rating

No Mileage Warranty Available

Treadwear: 420
    Traction: A
    Temperature: A
    Speed Rating: HR

and $73.00 each installed with roadhazard, lifetime rotation, and valve stems.
    heres a picutre of the tire.

i have been running 205x60x15 upfront some crap tire that came on the car. i can't remember the brand. they are dry rotted.

on the rear i put falken 225x15x60, they have lasted a year. they stick great, but wore out really fast. of course i was driving on crappy oil field roads so that was probably a reason they didn't last. now all my car sees is smooth asphalt.

they have the same rating as above.

the new tires probably won't be rotated. just balanced. i can probably make the front tires last about twice as long as the rears. i need the directional for winter driving. they make a hell of a difference.

i was just wondering what your running. i'm not making loads of power with my NA. i just love the look of directional tires and how well they hold the road around corners and in the rain and snow.

hmmm, not sure about the HR rating but I would say that a M+S (mud +snow) rated tire will be pretty much a required factor in your area.

I got a pair of GT Champiro tires because Pirelli stopped making the P8000 and the P6000 didn't come in the size I needed. ( I got the V rated version from a regional tire company) I have run them on the front and back with the Pirelli P800 pair and I really cant tell a difference in their handling at all.

GT Radial makes lower cost tires that have been reviewed by many organizations as a good value for the performance they provide. Search it and you will see the info.

Personally I am very satisfied with the Champiros and compared with the price of other brands, well I will take the lesser name.

btw- this info may be helpful. Tire Rack had a similar page but the link I have saved isn't working for some reason. :?

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generali ... f_760a.htm

Given your usage intentions I would go with a V+ rated tire.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I have driven on the older khumo, and I did not like them. For the money, fuzion zri are hard to beat.
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I believe your speedo will read faster than you will actually be going. It will be 5% faster as compared to the original 215/60-15 OEM tires. The original OEM tires were H rated so that should not be a problem. I am running Dunlop SP sport 8000 245/50-R15 Z rated during the summer and 225/60-15 H rated Dunlop Winter sport M3 tires in the winter. The winter tires made a huge difference in the snow. Always have traction even in a foot of snow.

http://350zx.com/tire-wheel.html
        Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
        85 Turbo, original owner, restored
        93 NA Babied

Comment

Monopolize Michelin and BF Goodrich. Thay are the best G-force KDWS or pro-pilots. But that is my opinion that has beeninstalled into my head at work.
          KILL HADJI

Comment

Firehawk wrote: I have driven on the older khumo, and I did not like them. For the money, fuzion zri are hard to beat.
            I haven't heard good things about Fuzion tires. The ZRi has squishy sidewalls from what I understand.

Isn't Fuzion just a Japanese-sounding brand name used by Firestone (or some other big tire company) to appeal to "import tuners"?

I'm probably going to order some BF Goodrich G-Force Sports for my Z in 205/60/15. Those look like an excellent value.
            1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
            '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
            "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

[quote]280Z Turbo wrote:
              Originally posted by Firehawk
              I have driven on the older khumo, and I did not like them. For the money, fuzion zri are hard to beat.
              I haven't heard good things about Fuzion tires. The ZRi has squishy sidewalls from what I understand.

Isn't Fuzion just a Japanese-sounding brand name used by Firestone (or some other big tire company) to appeal to "import tuners"?

I'm probably going to order some BF Goodrich G-Force Sports for my Z in 205/60/15. Those look like an excellent value.
              the G-force sports are nice, Mrwassman is running 225/50-16s on his and they are very nice for the money

Comment

BF Goodrich Traction T/A
                Treadwear: 440

Damn fine tire
                Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

i think i'm going to try these. the deal is just to good. the tread wear rating is what i'm looking for right now. and the price is great. $250 shipped to my door. then i run over to walmart and for $44 i have 4 tires installed with free lifetime balance and rotation.

Comment

[quote]280Z Turbo wrote:
                    Originally posted by Firehawk

I don't know where you heard this, but they were wrong. They grip very well (great dry, good wet), almost as well as the bridgestone s03 tires I had, but at less than half the cost. Tire rack sells teh fuzion for $79 for a 225/50/16 which is hard to beat, and they last around $35k miles even with hard driving. For the money they can't be beat. I thought the khumos had poor traction, as do the toyo tires. I am almost through my second set of fuzions and several others have bought some per my recomendation, and they all love them.
                    Chuck Stong
                    300+ Parts and Performance owner
                    http://www.300-plus.com
                    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I was looking at getting fuzions for my 16x8's but availability around here is an issue, and I was recommended to get nankangs by one of the tire dealers, but they were suggesting it for the price more than anything

might end up getting used tires - one of the t/a (comp/traction/....) series for the stock turbo wheels for now since 225/50/16 is common enough

Comment

FreeLanceBum wrote: BF Goodrich Traction T/A

Damn fine tire
                        dam 440 is pretty high, definetly good for the life span

O yeah, and I really like the g-force sports for the price

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

well i bought my tires for my car. it came to $232 for all 4 shipped.

then i'll take it down to wal-mart and have them slap them on. another $44 and then i get life time rotation and balance.

Comment

FreeLanceBum wrote: BF Goodrich Traction T/A

Damn fine tire
                            Correction traction AA
                            KILL HADJI

Comment

Fuzion ZRi's are very good tires for the price...I've thought about going with some for my car but I have decided to go with the higher rated Firehawk Wide Ovals which are supposed to be pretty kick ass (esp with my 35% employee discount!)

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
                              1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
                              1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
                              2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
                              2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Working...
                              X