Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if I delete the EGR, AAC, and Air regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I delete the EGR, AAC, and Air regulator?

I know the pros/cons of EGR delete are discussed elsewhere in the forum, but what would happen if I deleted and plugged/blocked off ALL three of those pesky units cluttering up the intake plenum and getting in the way of the plugs and injectors?

-It all started with the application (a swap into an older datsun) - so I'm using a different rack and pinion (so the z31 rack and PS pump are gone) and the car won't accomodate A/C- hence reducing the need for the AAC

Other than cold start-up issues, would it really run poorly?

Also, I note on my donor car, which seemed to run pretty well, that the o2 sensor connector wiring had been traumatically severed - so it's been running with no 02 signal - what has the ECU been doing with the absence of signal? - I definitely plan to repair this, of course, for proper timing/fuel inputs.
    Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
    12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
    1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
    Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

The car will run flawlessly with those idle controls removed. A lot of people here are doing it. Without your o2 sensor your Z is running rich during idle (absence of entering loop mode)
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

did it. love it. set your idle with the screw under the cables on the throttle body. it really cleans up the engine bay.

i left my power steering. i can't live without it. and i replaced the stock alternator with a chevy one wire. much cleaner looking under the hood.

Comment

Working...
      X