pathfinder intake AND tb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pathfinder intake AND tb?

My understanding is that the pathfinder intake has an approximately 60mm t.b. If I could get a "package deal" on an intake plenum WITH the pathfinder t.b., would that be as desireable as a 240sx t.b.?

-in other words, does the pathfinder t.b. work for a z31 turbo application?
    Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
    12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
    1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
    Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

so you understand something to be approximately true, but you're asking what?

Comment

I'm asking if the throttle body that comes on a pathfinder plenum will work in a z31 (bolted to said pathfinder plenum).

Specifically, are there incompatibilities of the TPS, or the throttle linkage location or geometry, or the shape/ orientation of the t.b.

It seems that a few people ran 240sx t.b.'s on their pathfinder plenums - so I was wondering why they did that - perhaps because it was what they already had available?

I was at the salvage yard yesterday hoping to answer this question, but couldn't find any pathfinders.
      Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
      12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
      1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
      Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

Comment

You will need the pathfinder tps for the pathy tb.
        Hood clearance is an issue regardless of whichever tb you use.
        imagination is a virtue

Comment

far as I remember, the pathfinder t/b is about the same as the z31..... there's literally no reason to use it

Comment

The linkage is on the opposite side of the tb. You would have to get creative to get the cable positioned properly.
            imagination is a virtue

Comment

Basically, you should read up on this pathfinder plenum conversion on my website. Then most or all of your questions about this will be answered.
              [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
              [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
              2000 Porsche Boxster
              2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Working...
              X