What's right and wrong???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's right and wrong???

Just a question? Does anyone know if there is difference between the N/A gasket set vg30e and the turbo set vg30et???
    I know that I have almost got into a fight with the parts store owner because he would not look at the bottom of the screen to see the T after the vg30e??? any feedback would be apprecieted! I know that there is a difference of 100-150$$$ Also is there a good reason why if we are changing a N/A to turbo we need to change the cross member!!!
    DMANN
    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
    87T 2+2 auto,stock

the inlet to the turbo won't clear the crossmember. the engine mount will be in the way.

i would imagine the only difference in gaskets on a nonturbo is the head gasket material. probably not. but you think they would make it stronger for the added pressure of a turbo.

Comment

the driver's side exhaust gasket is different for turbo and non.... everything else is the same

Comment

It includes all gaskets and crush washers for the turbocharger oil supply line.

Everything else is very similar or the same including the manifold gaskets. Only difference otherwise is if it's a w gasket set vs non-w.

That's for the Victor sets... the only fel-blo set I have is missing a lot so I can't compare.

Comment

but copper washers don't cost anything.... and the exhaust gasket is not much either

so either they are shipping different quality gaskets or its just gouging

Comment

Okay/ that clears some things up!!!
            Is there anything i should look out for getting a VLSD?
            I know the differences between the two but is there any hidden things or procedures??? stuff to watch out for??? to do or not to do???
            88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
            87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Working...
            X