sohc to dohc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sohc to dohc

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys knew if this would work for my car it's an 86 n/a production date 11/85 I did this on my stanza and the only thing that was a problem was the coolant holes.

If what would work? You didn't really ask a question. Guessing from your Subject title you want to know about swapping dohc heads onto your sohc engine block. If so I'll politely suggest you spend 3-4 minutes with google to find out why that won't work.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

I think you're wondering if the VG30DE throttle bodies are compatible with the Z31 intake manifold? If so, why? It would not be an upgrade. And it won't work without modification.
      Originally posted by Andrew84zx
      tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
      545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

mike1988 wrote: Hey I was wondering if any of you guys knew if this would work for my car it's an 86 n/a production date 11/85 I did this on my stanza and the only thing that was a problem was the coolant holes.
        just because you put a DOHC KA head on your Stanza doesn't mean DOHC VG heads will fit on a SOHC VG

Comment

No I wasn't talking about the throttle body or intake manifold I was talking about replacing the heads and I know that the I4 in the stanza is different from the V6 and yes I did search google along with msn, aol, altavista and didn't come up with anything that really gave me a distinct answer and I haven't gotten a hold of the dohc head to see what the differences are between the two heads.

Mike

Comment

Well I guess your intentions make more sense now. However, Andrew is right, the VG30DE heads won't fit on the VG30E. I don't even think they have the same amount of head bolts.
            Originally posted by Andrew84zx
            tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
            545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Not to mention timing, belts, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds. Probably be easier putting in a whole VG30de.

Comment

OK since no one will go look, here it is:

DOHC and SOHC have a completly different design in regards to the block. Lots of dimensions on the block ARE the same hence why some people have used a DE crank and rods. But the heads WILL not even come close to bolting on. They are simply just too far different.

Yes you can put a DE in your car. If you asked this question my guess is that route is not for you.

Could I also request that you put some more effort into constructing your posts? It was vague and made little to no sense. That is evident from more than one person not understanding what you were asking.
                Attached Files
                http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Working...
                X