No announcement yet.

Fastest you have ever been with your VG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120 until I saw the red and blue flashing behind me. Amazingly the stock 84NA was able to find a bit more under some serious urging and we took a corner just behind a hill WAY to fast. :shock: Smokey Joe went along the original road and I took a pleasurable 20 mile detour to get home. AAAHHH...good times. :wink:
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: 120 until I saw the red and blue flashing behind me. Amazingly the stock 84NA was able to find a bit more under some serious urging and we took a corner just behind a hill WAY to fast. :shock: Smokey Joe went along the original road and I took a pleasurable 20 mile detour to get home. AAAHHH...good times. :wink:
      I set a new record this morning actually, partially due to a similar blue ford sitting in the median of my favorite highway. The topend acceleration this engine has at 20PSI on a 40 degree morning is quite breathtaking IMO.

Comment

also i can vouch for the 140 that Crazy posted in his 86 NA, i was right in front of him.
        87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
        current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

Comment

Model:300zx N/A 2+2
          Year: 1985
          Modifactions: (At the time, bone stock)
          Transmission type: FS5W71C
          Passengers: 1
          Topspeed: 130mph

I know my car could do a little better now. But, at the time, I hit 210kph and I let off. I had stock suspension and I was starting to stay in the air longer than I was on the ground (it seemed)

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
            Originally posted by OR-Zman
            120 until I saw the red and blue flashing behind me. Amazingly the stock 84NA was able to find a bit more under some serious urging and we took a corner just behind a hill WAY to fast. :shock: Smokey Joe went along the original road and I took a pleasurable 20 mile detour to get home. AAAHHH...good times. :wink:
            I set a new record this morning actually, partially due to a similar blue ford sitting in the median of my favorite highway. The topend acceleration this engine has at 20PSI on a 40 degree morning is quite breathtaking IMO.
            :lol: Since it's being brought up, 2 months ago I was leaving the JY and got on an old 1 lane road which stretches about 1 mile to the hwy. I came up on a truck that was slowing down...and it looked like it was getting ready to turn left into a farm so I quickly made sure there was no oncoming traffic...it was clear, so I passed him up, spinning one wheel, just before he turned. Little did I know, coming over the hill behind me was a...ahem...ya know...a ford with colorful lights flashing all about like you saw. So I'm up at 90 at this point and contemplating if I should pull over "I still have time to not be considered evasion"...so I slowed down...pulled over...looked in my mirror and saw that the truck was still jacknifed blocking the ford with funny lights. So I start going again....kept going...by now the truck turned and all I could see were tiny blue and red lights faaar away..."f*ck it! I'm almost to the HWY!" So I just merge into traffic like a bat out of hell and eventually pull into a peer and hide behind a boat that was out of the water. Then I called my friend with a Scanner and asked if he heard anything. I sat there for 15 mins until i crept out and went home.
            http://www.vgpowered.com
            Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

:mrgreen:

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

State : SD

Model: 2seater turbo
                Year: 1985
                Modifactions: Intake
                Transmission type: 5-speed
                Passengers: 0
                Topspeed: 125mph

It was new years day and about 50° outside. Then it turned to night and this happened..

Going into the ditch is never fun, especially backwards...
                It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

babydude wrote: :lol: Since it's being brought up, 2 months ago I was leaving the JY and got on an old 1 lane road which stretches about 1 mile to the hwy. I came up on a truck that was slowing down...and it looked like it was getting ready to turn left into a farm so I quickly made sure there was no oncoming traffic...it was clear, so I passed him up, spinning one wheel, just before he turned. Little did I know, coming over the hill behind me was a...ahem...ya know...a ford with colorful lights flashing all about like you saw. So I'm up at 90 at this point and contemplating if I should pull over "I still have time to not be considered evasion"...so I slowed down...pulled over...looked in my mirror and saw that the truck was still jacknifed blocking the ford with funny lights. So I start going again....kept going...by now the truck turned and all I could see were tiny blue and red lights faaar away..."f*ck it! I'm almost to the HWY!" So I just merge into traffic like a bat out of hell and eventually pull into a peer and hide behind a boat that was out of the water. Then I called my friend with a Scanner and asked if he heard anything. I sat there for 15 mins until i crept out and went home.
                  I used to outrun the cops all the time in my accord. I don't do that anymore because of the story I'm about to tell you:

I was on my way to the honda dealership to get a new set of centercaps, i was going 80 in a 35 when i blow right past a cop. He was going the other way and had to turn around, I figured that I could fly into the hotel parking lot to my right and be out of sight by the time he caught up. I fly into the hotel parking lot, go around the back and hide behind the building for a few seconds. Figuring that he must've been gone I head out towards the honda dealer to find that the entire parking lot had been blocked off and I come to the exit to meet about 5 squad cars.

Fortunately for me he couldn't give me an eluding ticket because of our dialouge:

Piggie: "GET OUT OF THE F*N CAR!!!"
                  Me: "Yeah sure, ok whatever."
                  Funny stories!

Comment

Man outrunning cops is not a good Idea but there is another solution. A few months ago I was in my 97 Prelude and me n my friend were testing out some new shocks n AEM springs we just installed. So we go through this stretch of forest preserve road and its about a half mile straight road with some elevations in it. So the speed limit is 45 but I was going something like 95 so there is a cop on the oppsite side and about 5 seconds after seeing me fly by busts a U turn and is about 1/3 mile behind me before i make the turn. so after the turn I run over the median which was one of those mini curb things to separate the opposite traffic(, with a nasty bottom out on my car) , I fly into the Mcdonald's parking lot, turn off the car get out and go in the Mcdonalds, sit donw n wait for him to pass by looking for me. Then I saw him take the turn i had just ttaken with his sirens on and speeding down the road. he didnt see my car since it was behind the resturant so he kept going. SO i figure I play it safe n sit there for another 15 mins and take a 12 mile detour around all this just to be safe. Getting away from cops is fun when u actually succeed :P

Comment

[quote]homestar wrote:
                      Originally posted by babydude
                      :lol: Since it's being brought up, 2 months ago I was leaving the JY and got on an old 1 lane road which stretches about 1 mile to the hwy. I came up on a truck that was slowing down...and it looked like it was getting ready to turn left into a farm so I quickly made sure there was no oncoming traffic...it was clear, so I passed him up, spinning one wheel, just before he turned. Little did I know, coming over the hill behind me was a...ahem...ya know...a ford with colorful lights flashing all about like you saw. So I'm up at 90 at this point and contemplating if I should pull over "I still have time to not be considered evasion"...so I slowed down...pulled over...looked in my mirror and saw that the truck was still jacknifed blocking the ford with funny lights. So I start going again....kept going...by now the truck turned and all I could see were tiny blue and red lights faaar away..."f*ck it! I'm almost to the HWY!" So I just merge into traffic like a bat out of hell and eventually pull into a peer and hide behind a boat that was out of the water. Then I called my friend with a Scanner and asked if he heard anything. I sat there for 15 mins until i crept out and went home.
                      I used to outrun the cops all the time in my accord. I don't do that anymore because of the story I'm about to tell you:

I was on my way to the honda dealership to get a new set of centercaps, i was going 80 in a 35 when i blow right past a cop. He was going the other way and had to turn around, I figured that I could fly into the hotel parking lot to my right and be out of sight by the time he caught up. I fly into the hotel parking lot, go around the back and hide behind the building for a few seconds. Figuring that he must've been gone I head out towards the honda dealer to find that the entire parking lot had been blocked off and I come to the exit to meet about 5 squad cars.

Fortunately for me he couldn't give me an eluding ticket because of our dialouge:

Piggie: "GET OUT OF THE F*N CAR!!!"
                      Me: "Yeah sure, ok whatever."
                      http://www.vgpowered.com
                      Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

^ like i said i never paid the ticket. I got a lawyer and had it thrown out of court.
                        Funny stories!

Comment

I don't even think it is worth running from cops....
                          When i first got my license a littlw over a year ago, I had a 83 Trans am. I was pulled over like 6 times in that car alone. One time I just floored in from a green light (wasn't very fast, just LOUD) and didn't realize there was a cop in the left turn lane DIRECTLY across from me. So I saw him and just pulled over right away, cause i new he was gonna turn around. Had me I.D., Insurance, etc. on the dash waiting for him.
                          Po: "Are you trying to get my attention!!?!"
                          Me: "No, I didn't see you until I passed"
                          Po: "Are you kidding me, you know i can get to for reckless driving?"
                          Me: "Well I was just going straight, and just wound it out in first gear"
                          Po: "yeah, yeah, were are you coming from?"
                          Me: "Work, did a double shift today :wink: and just wanted to get home"
                          Po: "Ok, well, go home, and don't let me catch you again"

That happened every single time.... "don't let me catch you again"
                          American cars kick ass
                          The cops straight up don't even see the Z though 8)

Comment

87 NA auto Z.
                            Speedo read 115mph. Apparently the auto won't shift into 4th gear when held at WOT, so i backed out just a sniff so it was off the button and it shifted into fourth. It felt like it was pretty well topped out. Felt reasonable comfortable though, the car drove in a well composed manor. More comfortable than an over loaded pickup going 80.
                            Two lane, no shoulder backroads of NE. Somewhere east of nowhere...er I mean Arnold. Same thing. I came over a hill on a hot day and couldn't help it. The lack of vacuum ment the heater valve opened and it was damn hot in the car (no functional A/C) by the time i let off.

I'm sure the turbo and 5sp will up the top end, but my Dunlops are rated for 118mph and i don't plan on getting above that. Maybe i'll do the Sandhills Open Road Challenge sometime to get a better idea of top end in a legal fashion.

http://www.sorcrace.com
                            My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                            My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                            207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

haha, my heater valve is always on. TERRIBLE, but you know the car likes it 8)

Comment

about 40 mins ago i flew by an undercover popo at 115mph.

Got off next exit and decided to go shopping.

*phewww*

Comment

Working...
                                X