No announcement yet.

Fastest you have ever been with your VG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300zx 1996 GLL 2 seater 5 speed n/a top speed was 227 kph(141.8mph) now whit the other powertrain we will see.
    1986 GLL VQ35DE(287hp) / Z33 6S tranny, done!
    Black 240sx 1997 (ka24de)5S daily driver.

Comment

Model:300zx NA
      Year: 86
      Modifications: ALL ac system removed. No sound deadening. 2.5 inch full crush bent exahust no cat. Full Custom Intake. NO EMISSIONS (all removed and or blocked off)
      Transmission Type: FS5W71C (5 speed NA tranny)
      Passengers: Just me
      Topspeed: 147, 145, and 145

on Highway 635, my speedo DOESNT WORK, but using az-zbums calculations with my tire size and tranny and rear end involved, 5600 RPM's in 5th gear equates to 147MPH, my real top speed is 5500 rpms in 5th (I have a video of me doing a 70-145 punch on my phone, but the file is 1 minute long and any video above 15 seconds cannot be sent to another phone or email (damnit), but firehawk has seen the video on my phone (for proof)

It took my Z EXACTLY 59 seconds to get from 70-142 starting from FOURTH gear (not 3rd), and takes an additional 17 seconds from 142 to 147, my car will go 145 but 147 was achieved because the highway had a slight downhill slant haha!

faster than I could ever imagine a 140-150hp car can go...
      1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
      ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
      1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

sacmeister wrote: Did 127 in my all stock 86 300zxt. 1st to 4th is fast to 115, 5th takes awhile.
        not long after my turbo side manifold warped and started leaking(coincidence?). Nissan quoted $3300 to replace manifold (yikes!)
        jeez, 3300 bucks

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

My fastest was 128 i think in my 1984 NA 2+2 with no exhaust. When I had my Z as a daily driver I would get pulled over atleast twice a week just so the cops can check my liscence and registration. It sucks to be 18 and have a "sports car". One time I got the super troopers treatment. It was like 2am I was in this small town with no one around. I pull up to an intersection turn on my signal and make a right turn. Then all the sudden like a min later i get pulled over out of nowhere. The cop comes up liscence and registration. Hes like i saw u made a turn back there, I said yea I used my signal too, hes like I know. So then he checks all my info i guess in his car. Then he comes back and says have a good night. So then i pull away and hes following me. He was on my ass for like 10 minutes taking every turn i took. Remind u its like 2am and there is NO ONE else around. Then all the sudden he throws on his lights again so im like WTF! Now I pull over again and he starts slowing down then he friggen flies past me going full throttle. Fucking cops these days. On a more recent note i got a ticket 2 days ago for doing a 65 in a 35 when I seriously was only going 40 to 45 at most. He marked me down as a female and failed to have me sign the ticket as the law states so off to court we go!

Comment

speed

well, the fastest I've ever gone was 260km/hr in my old 88 mustang cobra
            in my 87t 2+2 ---210km/hr toped out but all stock!!!

$3300 for a exhaust manifold must be on crack or made of gold???

I live in Canada and the Nissan dealer quoted me for a right hand exhaust manifold for a TT from Japan $230 to my door taxes included???
            88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
            87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Re: speed

DMANN wrote: well, the fastest I've ever gone was 260km/hr in my old 88 mustang cobra
              in my 87t 2+2 ---210km/hr toped out but all stock!!!

$3300 for a exhaust manifold must be on crack or made of gold???

I live in Canada and the Nissan dealer quoted me for a right hand exhaust manifold for a TT from Japan $230 to my door taxes included???
              Hey bro,

He's obviously talking about Labor costs to install as well. It's just a fact that most Dealships ass rape people with no lube!

Nissan quoted me $1000per side(Insane) to replace and install the broken studs and manifolds on my Pathfinder.....it's just a reality of life. If you can't fix your own shit you bloody well better find somone cheaper or pay the piper!
              Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Enh, I suppose I'll bite.

Model: 300zx turbo
                Year: 89
                Modifications: A few (A think my sig says has them all)
                Transmission type: 4/87-89 Turbo Tranny
                Passengers: 0
                Topspeed: 90ish (I really baby my car too much...)

^ The story behind this is that the car's front end wobbled violently when I went past about 75, so I finally put on new tires, and front end suspension components... I still have to take it in for an alignment, but afterwards I plan to see what I can get out of her

Model: 300zx turbo
                Year: 87
                Modifactions: Straight pipe, intake, MBC (stock boost)
                Transmission type: T-5
                Passengers: 0
                Topspeed: 115

^ Got the ol' 87 up here, and decided that I should slow down (due to traffic)...
                89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

top speed

OHHhhh!!! My Bad!!!
                  Didn't realize that was including labour!!!

Not use to having other people do the work because never had that kind of $$$!!!
                  Okay cool!!!
                  PS... had to remove the speed limiter because it wouldn't allow the Z to go past 190km --->210km top speed--quick to get to 150km but took awhile to get to 210...
                  88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
                  87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

top speed

z

Comment

Your windows were down?

Comment

z

Comment

would think the t-tops wouldn't be affected then

Comment

ohio
                            300zx GLL 2 seat na
                            k&n cone airfilter
                            pathy intake swap
                            60mm tb
                            pacesetter headers
                            2.5 dual exhaust flowmaster muffler
                            electric fan
                            aftermarket clutch
                            ac all removed
                            kyb shocks/struts
                            eighbock coil springs

manual
                            1 person in the car
                            130 mph, 4500 rpm's
                            The days of NA

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653941

Comment

State : Florida

Model: NA 2+2
                              Year: 1986
                              Modifactions:

Major:
                              MSA headers
                              JWT ECU
                              Morgan Gears

Transmission type: Manual
                              Passengers: Just me
                              Topspeed: 105

I am not one for speeding. This was going north on I-75. I was just moving with traffic (there were about 20 other cars at the same speed and some were even passing me. I stayed at this speed for about 3 miles before slowing down. When I got to my destination I found that about 8 inches of tread had peeled off one of my tires at that speed. Even with new tires I still have not repeated that speed.
                              MODEMEAGLE

1986 300zx GLL NA modified

Comment

Can't remember if I posted in this thread or not.

State: Arkansas
                                I-30W
                                11:00 PM
                                Car: 87 NA2T
                                Mods at the time:

-8.3:1
                                -T25@12 PSI
                                -Intake, 2.5" Exhaust w/no cat
                                -3.70 Diff
                                -FS5R30A
                                MPH: 145
                                I was out cruising with my two best friends who were on their bikes (600RR and R6). We were having a bit of fun with the open interstate and I decided to open her up. The 600RR was late to the party and afterward he said he was at 120+ for some time and couldn't catch back up. The R6 paced me on up to about 145 MPH or so. This was from his digital speedo on the bike as my speedometer wasn't functioning at the time, and if it was I would have apparently been limited to 135 anyway. The Z was still pulling slowly, but frankly it was just scary at those speeds with cheap tires and that bike right next to me. The wind+cheap rubber=NOT staying in your lane very easily.

I also hit 142 MPH in my Z32 without too much effort and boy was it a lot more stable at that speed.
                                Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                                tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                                545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Working...
                                X