Z32 Twin Turbo fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 Twin Turbo fuel filter

what are the effects of putting a twin turbo fuel filter on the Z31?
    1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
    Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

The difference is pretty neglidgable. Unless you are putting out major power and are trying to squeeze the last drop out of your fuel pump or something. It's probably not worth your effort, especially since the Z32TT filter won't really fit in the Z31 mounting bracket without some changes.
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

well it allow me to go from 9.5 psi to 11 psi maybe? or just 10 psi?
      1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
      Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: well it allow me to go from 9.5 psi to 11 psi maybe? or just 10 psi?
        You can run 11psi fine right now. You are not anywhere near the stock fuel limits with your setup.
        " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
        LaterZ

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: well it allow me to go from 9.5 psi to 11 psi maybe? or just 10 psi?
          what ?! , please explain how changing a fuel filter let you hit higher boost ( im guessing its boost since stock fuel ressure is way higher than 10 psi)

btw this should be in the newbie section ( you should really start searching for this crap on z31.com)

Comment

what i meant by that question, is if having the TT fuel filter will allow for me to up the boost from 9.5 psi to 10-11 psi SAFELY. i know that having the TT fuel filter won't naturally allow for 1-2 psi gains, i'm not that fucking dumb. and now i'm not a fucking newbie i'm just asking if the filter will give the motor a little more fuel to allow for me to boost 1-2 psi more over 9.5 psi?
            1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo

Comment

you dont need a fuel filter to hit an extra pound of boost or two , the fpr will control the fuel pressure(this wont change because of a higher flowing fuel filter) and the fuel pump flows enough for 300hp(which you will never make at 10-12 psi on a stock turbo)

Comment

A good marker point might be 'don't upgrade the fuel pump or filter until 'over 300whp'.

Comment

If I had to replace my filter anyways I would go ahead and throw a TT filter in there. :?:
                  Attached Files
                  85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I dont really see the point to be honest, especially considering that the JDM VQ35DE fuel filter is the exact same part number as the Z31 fuel filter so it must work pretty good if Nissan still recommend it for their newer engines.
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: I dont really see the point to be honest, especially considering that the JDM VQ35DE fuel filter is the exact same part number as the Z31 fuel filter so it must work pretty good if Nissan still recommend it for their newer engines.

It's all a theory until someone actually tests it.

"The point" relates to fuel flow restriction and pressure drop in the system. By usling a filter that is easier to push fuel through you make the pump's job a little tiny bit easier when it has to flow high volume at high pressure. This is only if you're talking about moving a lot
                      of fuel.. most engines (my own included) will never need fuel flow in the neighborhood of 200+LPH (550cc injectors at 100% duty).

Comment

Working...
                      X