lean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lean?

hey just to get this out of the way... i dont really know much about cars but im tryin to learn and im ready to break mine tryin to fix it. alright well i got a 1986 n/a and ever since i got it its been kinda slow. its got 176000 miles on it but runs fine for the most part, ahnd the engine still pulls pretty good but... the last half of the gas pedel doesnt seem to do much ... im guessin its something with fuel gettin to the engine ( dont know if its injectors or fuel pump or what) it also doesnt pick up as you go up in rpms like it should ( actually looses power aruond 4k) and it wont start if its reaaaly hot out and i drive it for a bit. I also just replaced the plugs and wires and the plugs where all WHITE...

thanks a ton

btw i ran some pennzoil fuel system stuff thru it a while ago and it didnt seem to make a difference
    THE MAFIA STRIKES AGAIN!!!

i also was just readin about that seafoam gunk and figured it wouldnt hurt so how would i go about puttin that in

Comment

If you think it is fuel related, check the pressure and if you want to clean your injectors do it the right way: have them flow tested and properly cleaned.
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

how much does that run? or is there i way i could do it myself?

Comment

Double check the timing belt installation. If the cam gears are backwards or it is a tooth off on a cam it would exhibit behavior very similar to what you describe.

Comment

ooooh uh yeha they said the timing belt only had like 37 of the 60 or so thousand miles on the timing belt... but its from 98 so its kinda old and should i be worrying about that?

Comment

yes, interference engine and broken timing belt = bad

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

mormonmopedmafia wrote: ooooh uh yeha they said the timing belt only had like 37 of the 60 or so thousand miles on the timing belt... but its from 98 so its kinda old and should i be worrying about that?
                Check it for any cracks when you check the cam timing. You should most likely replace it either way, along with the water pump.

Timing belts are hard to proove they were done, and then you still can't show they were done correctly. Never trust the previous owner.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Never trust the previous owner.
                  Thats the truth!
                  Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                  1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                  2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

well looks like i need to start savin some money cause my dad wont let me tear into my car that much

do you think its agood idea to do the seafoam anyways just to clean stuff out? i had a stickin lifter a while ago but it quit when i changed the oil so i dunno

Comment

mormonmopedmafia wrote:

do you think its agood idea to do the seafoam anyways just to clean stuff out?
                      Sure.
                      imagination is a virtue

Comment

mormonmopedmafia wrote: how much does that run? or is there i way i could do it myself?
                        About $20 to 25 per injector. This can really bring back a car if the injectors are not flowing well.
                        Chuck Stong

Comment

damn.... do you think that would help my issue or does it sound like somehting else... ( timing belt)

Comment

mormonmopedmafia wrote: damn.... do you think that would help my issue or does it sound like somehting else... ( timing belt)
                            It is just too hard to diagnose without seeing the car. My advice is to thoughly check the car before spending money on parts you might not need.
                            Chuck Stong

Comment

alright how would i go about "thuroughly checking " it?

Comment

Working...
                              X