Drivetrain swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivetrain swap

im looking to drop my whole drivetrain from my 88t to a 87 88 89 N/A 300zx.... how hard is this really going to be all i need to swap is the engine cross member right?...or even if i wanted to switch automatic to 5 spd...how hard is that?...it seems easy ....plus i have all my parts from my 88t

TurboZkid wrote: im looking to drop my whole drivetrain from my 88t to a 87 88 89 N/A 300zx.... how hard is this really going to be all i need to swap is the engine cross member right?...or even if i wanted to switch automatic to 5 spd...how hard is that?...it seems easy ....plus i have all my parts from my 88t
    First of all, WHY?

Second of all, are you swapping transmission back or engine as well? Transmission back, everything is a bolt on change. You'll need all the hardware/accessories that go with whatever you're changing.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

If you have both cars, you should have no problems. Yes, you do need to swap the crossmember. Don't forget the radiator, as the turbo is a dual core, na is single.
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Firehawk wrote: If you have both cars, you should have no problems. Yes, you do need to swap the crossmember. Don't forget the radiator, as the turbo is a dual core, na is single.
        Chuck is 100% correct, however it should be noted that I and several other NA2T guys have ran the NA radiator with no problems. I'm still a shortwhile from having my intercooler installed, so it will be interesting to see the cooling difference. However, It would be advisable to eventually swap to the dual core.
        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

if you have the dual core do it... My single def. lacks.
          Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
          X