Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88sinZ
    replied
    Morgenstern wrote: for a while my car's been running just barely lean enough to turn my plugs white, now recently i decided to pull my O2 sensor just to see how the car would act under a "closed-loop" setting, and it started running better, etc. so now i ask why would my car be running THAT lean, and is it possible the O2 sensor was just bad?
    wouldnt you mean open-loop? to my understanding the ECU uses the CTS and the O2 sensors to enter closed-loop operation..

if an O2 goes bad the ECU just estimates what steps to take to acheive stoich levels, so what you are doing is a band-aid to your lean condition, but not a solution. Running like that could now foul your plugs if the conditions are right.

Leave a comment:

• Morgenstern
    started a topic O2 Sensor

O2 Sensor

for a while my car's been running just barely lean enough to turn my plugs white, now recently i decided to pull my O2 sensor just to see how the car would act under a "closed-loop" setting, and it started running better, etc. so now i ask why would my car be running THAT lean, and is it possible the O2 sensor was just bad?
Working...
X