Weird shifter feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird shifter feel?

Well i got tags for my maxima today ( FWD VG30 ) , I put a engine in it and replaced alot of things.

One thing i noticed when i took it out for its first drive is god damn its fast in second.....

I havent drove any thing except my girlfriends hundai accent..

but when you're in second and you have you're foot off the clutch and you go wot the shift moves back really far and when you left off of wot the shift moves back.

is this normal?

never driven 5 speed before so i have nooo idea...

probably just the engine/transmission mounts being old and rubbery. Might want to check them out. Maybe get some new shifter bushings as well

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Or just me needing to learn how to drive 5 speed.

Any one have any tips?

Comment

um, just know that engagement point

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Bad engine and or transmission mounts.

Can you take a picture of your engine mounts?
          Maybe Jasons could work on your Maxima.
          Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
          1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

yeah that would be cool welllll

I drove it about a 30 mile trip for the first time since i just got tags on it 2 days ago.

and once i got to where i was going Right when i pulled in the parking lot and pushed the clutch down ... The car stalled out and i was not able to get it started agian... When i turned the key to the on postition nothing that needed the key in the Ignition to work , Worked IE Windows , Sunroof , CD player..

found out it was one of the main fusable links , a green one ( Forgot the name)

Girlfriend took me to go get another one at autozone , Brought it back put it in and right when i put it in it blew....

So in the rain for about 4 hours with the windows down , I unhooked every thing electrical in the car and out under the hood , Put the fuse in It dident blow ! yay!

So i hooked every thing electrical back up ( Under the hood ) And it dident blow , so it has to be some thing in the interor.

But after all that the starter wasent even clicking at all....

So i had to push start it....

And before i did that i found out when i would shift the car would feel werid.

because 1 of the transsmission mounts where not bolted down.... the blots came out... ( Ooops... )

Comment

TheIndigo88

Warren Weakley, aka TheIndigo88 responded to my WTB for a 200sx plenum. We negotiated a price and I sent payment back in September, via paypal, on the 17th. I have no plenum, and it really bothers me to him posting about all the things he's doing to get his car ready. Using the money I sent? -that's fine, but you've got to send the goods, man. Your reputation is all you've got. I hate to contact you this way, but when you choose to post but not respond to my pm's, I have no other choice.
              Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
              12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
              1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
              Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

Comment

Re: TheIndigo88

blueridgespeed wrote: Warren Weakley, aka TheIndigo88 responded to my WTB for a 200sx plenum. We negotiated a price and I sent payment back in September, via paypal, on the 17th. I have no plenum, and it really bothers me to him posting about all the things he's doing to get his car ready. Using the money I sent? -that's fine, but you've got to send the goods, man. Your reputation is all you've got. I hate to contact you this way, but when you choose to post but not respond to my pm's, I have no other choice.
                I hate to post off topic as well, but have you opened a dispute through Paypal?
                Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

TheIndigo88

yeah, the Paypal dispute system requires 45 day's wait - so it's on the calender to start that when I can.

I honestly don't think he's a scammer, I mean $77 isn't a lot of money, unless he's done it to others, which is part of the reason I wanted to post.

I think he's just a kid, without a clue that buying and selling things is serious business.
                  Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
                  12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
                  1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
                  Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

Comment

blueridgespeed wrote: Warren Weakley, aka TheIndigo88 responded to my WTB for a 200sx plenum. We negotiated a price and I sent payment back in September, via paypal, on the 17th. I have no plenum, and it really bothers me to him posting about all the things he's doing to get his car ready. Using the money I sent? -that's fine, but you've got to send the goods, man. Your reputation is all you've got. I hate to contact you this way, but when you choose to post but not respond to my pm's, I have no other choice.
                    I understand Its very fine the way you feel , Ive been just trying to get the main thing done that i need to get done is get a job since i have moved , Since i have a kid comming along , In no way have i used ( the money you sent me ) Its still sitting in my paypal account , And the IM that i went out and bought from my friend to sell to you , Is over at my house about 2 hours away , Its kind of hard to get to at the moment when i do not have a car the only time i drove it was yesterday and it broke down on me , Im messing with it right now trying to get shit right and right when i get it started i will drive home ( school or no school ) and ship out you're IM.

Comment

[quote]TheIndigo88 wrote:
                      Originally posted by blueridgespeed
                      Warren Weakley, aka TheIndigo88 responded to my WTB for a 200sx plenum. We negotiated a price and I sent payment back in September, via paypal, on the 17th. I have no plenum, and it really bothers me to him posting about all the things he's doing to get his car ready. Using the money I sent? -that's fine, but you've got to send the goods, man. Your reputation is all you've got. I hate to contact you this way, but when you choose to post but not respond to my pm's, I have no other choice.
                      I understand Its very fine the way you feel , Ive been just trying to get the main thing done that i need to get done is get a job since i have moved , Since i have a kid comming along , In no way have i used ( the money you sent me ) Its still sitting in my paypal account , And the IM that i went out and bought from my friend to sell to you , Is over at my house about 2 hours away , Its kind of hard to get to at the moment when i do not have a car the only time i drove it was yesterday and it broke down on me , Im messing with it right now trying to get shit right and right when i get it started i will drive home ( school or no school ) and ship out you're IM.
                      Well, you could have atleast responded to his PM's. I think that bothered him more than anything else.
                      Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                      tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                      545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Acttualy i have responded to every one of his pms...

He just posted here for some insurance.

Comment

Working...
                        X