Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons

What pistons can I put in the VG30 engine with out having to get it bored or anything like that?

Any pistons made for your version of the VG in stock diameter.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

well what i was looking for is like a brand like who is good and who is not

Comment

You did read this: http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm

right?
        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

ahh thanks alot

Comment

I don't know why one would go to the trouble and expense of installing forged pistons and not take care of the *Lip*. The .020 is the standard overbore for the planet when building an engine and adding new pistons to a *used* block.

Their's actually quite allot of forged *Shelf* pistons for the VG engines. I personally wouldn't spend my money on anyone other then BRC Performance.

Peace
            Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

VG36ET wrote: I don't know why one would go to the trouble and expense of installing forged pistons and not take care of the *Lip*. The .020 is the standard overbore for the planet when building an engine and adding new pistons to a *used* block.
              Agreed.

VG36ET wrote:
              ITheir's actually quite allot of forged *Shelf* pistons for the VG engines. I personally wouldn't spend my money on anyone other then BRC Performance.
              Yup, BRC is the way to go if you want a set of pistons built to your specs.
              Also "Shelf" pistons like JE, Weisco and Arias are all proven to produce a quality product just keep in mind of the compression drop when using them on the VG30 SOHC.
              2005 whore magnet

Comment

I have BRC pistons in my newest engine. .040 over so it's really a 3.05L

Anyway, I heard BRC was having trouble getting forgings for our piston size. Is this still going on or what?

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I have BRC pistons in my newest engine. .040 over so it's really a 3.05L

Anyway, I heard BRC was having trouble getting forgings for our piston size. Is this still going on or what?
                  Hey Jason- Been reading here for quite some time but just started posting here recently. Keep up the good work bro.

As far as I know BRC is rolling out top quality pistons to Nissan(and many other) enthusiats all over the world. Didn't Hybird 88(or something to that effect) have a BRC group buy recently where they agreed on an 8.5-1 compression ratio? I wouldn't want a negative Rumor MIll to start about such a great company with top quality and fair prices.

A good friend in Australia recently built a wicked mean VG34ETT with BRC pistons(had them ceramic coated and dry film coated on the sides) he's been running 9's for months and months now with no piston problems.

I love Weisco for shelf pistons but they(their new Extreme Forgings for the SR20DET are loud inside the engine but insanely strong) don't make pistons with the proper valve cuts for SOHC VG's, just the VG30DETT.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about Weisco pistons for SOCH VG engines.

Anyway. I'm glas we're all on the same page. This is a fine lil forum.

Peace
                  Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

88 Hybrid's group buy fell through because BRC couldn't get the forgings, I'm sure that's what Jason was talking about. You can read more about it on 88hybrid.com.

Comment

esciii wrote: 88 Hybrid's group buy fell through because BRC couldn't get the forgings, I'm sure that's what Jason was talking about. You can read more about it on 88hybrid.com.
                      Thanks for the 411 bro.

That sucks rocks. I would have jumped on that deal if I had any use for pistons for a vg30e.

WHen it's time for pistons I'm sure I'll findin something but I wanna do a vg36et(Or tt)after this boosted VG33E is perfect.

VG33E + overbore for .1L more + Jun Stroker Crankshaft add .2L from the VG30DETT mod'd for the SOHC engine(practically stole this super expensive crank) = 3.6L of mean ass VG bigger turbo spooling performance.

SO, I need Custom made pistons!
                      Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

I think Jason once said a company near him would/could make a 3.7L :shock: but are no longer in business. I have no idea how they did it. Hell, until then I had only heard of going up to a 3.4 by using Q45 pistons in a 3.3, see nissanperformancemagazine.com and look for the pathfinder project.

Comment

http://www.simtecmotorsports.com/z31parts.htm

Anyone heard of that company?
                          Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                          Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                          http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Elliott wrote: I think Jason once said a company near him would/could make a 3.7L :shock: but are no longer in business. I have no idea how they did it. Hell, until then I had only heard of going up to a 3.4 by using Q45 pistons in a 3.3, see nissanperformancemagazine.com and look for the pathfinder project.
                            Yeah, It was the former VT Engines, but they changed ownership and now none of them know about it.

It do believe it was a welded and offset-ground crank though.

Comment

VG36ET wrote:

VG33E + overbore for .1L more + Jun Stroker Crankshaft add .2L from the VG30DETT mod'd for the SOHC engine(practically stole this super expensive crank) = 3.6L of mean ass VG bigger turbo spooling performance.

SO, I need Custom made pistons!
                              That crank adds .2L to the 3.0, correct?
                              If so then it would add more than .2L to a 3.4 considerring the 93mm bore.
                              You would also need shorter custom rods.
                              imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                              X