cruise control sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruise control sucks

well my cruise contol only took an hour too get it to turn on and then get back up to speed where i had set it. so i got under the hood and checked the linkage cable. it was pretty loose. so i tightended it up.

the other problem i have is it won't hold it over 75mph. after 75mph it shuts off. its reving around 3300 rpm. this is really annoying. i usually go 80mph on the freeway. is there anyway to fix this. or should i just kill someone.

I think there is a 75mph limit with the cruise control, don't ask me why.

Solution: remove it.
    It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

one of the first things i did when i swapped wheels
      Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

i really like cruise. so i can't get rid of it. damn thats annoying!

is there a contol box for the cruise? i know on toyotas they have a seperate computer for the cruise control. i've never seen one on my Z and i've had it in a few pieces.

Comment

mybe theres a way to break into the main frame. and change stuff. 8)

Comment

Whoa there zerocool!

Comment

cruise is junk, it promotes bad (inattentive) driving

Comment

My cruise world well after 75mph..

I usually drive about 84mph i freeways. Many time i have use cruise.
                Attached Files
                Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

when my cruise was working i think i had it set at 100mph once.
                  1986 Current build
                  HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

TheIndigo88 wrote: Whoa there zerocool!
                    Hahaha, Love that movie.
                    Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                    1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                    2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

84z31 wrote: maybe there's a way to break into the main frame. and change stuff. 8)
                      I could swear that someone talked about how to override the cruise limiter on another board (which I no longer mention by name). Perhaps one of the long timers here will remember that post and help you out on that.

I for one love cruise. When you live in rural America. IE- Eastern Oregon or Eastern Idaho, there is a lot of open low traffic road that cruise can be very nice to have when driving the open roads. 8)
                      Just stand back and throw money.
                      Performance costs money.
                      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Man you guys got screwed on this aswell, there's no limiter here for the cruise control at least to my knowledge there isn't. If there is it's alot higher than 75mph/120kmph because I've had it set much higher than that before.

I only use it for long drives, like 3 hours or more...
                        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

84z31 wrote: i really like cruise. so i can't get rid of it. damn thats annoying!

is there a contol box for the cruise? i know on toyotas they have a seperate computer for the cruise control. i've never seen one on my Z and i've had it in a few pieces.
                          Yes there is. If you need parts, let me know. I will let cruise stuff I took off my own car go for cheap. I never use cruise on any car, I like driving too much to let the car take over any portion of the driving.
                          Chuck Stong
                          300+ Parts and Performance owner
                          http://www.300-plus.com
                          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

lets say to many cops. i don't like tickets and i like my gas mileage. its not like i can drive 100mph everywhere. wish i could.

anyway all it is is open road. not much traffic, just cops. and idaho isn't kind to speeders.

Comment

84z31 wrote: idaho isn't kind to speeders.
                              True!

I know that I had my cruise set a bit over 80 not two weeks ago, so that is odd. I too appreciate cruise control because my Z gets driven to two car shows a year that are hours away. I wouldn't pull it out unless I absolutely had to!
                              85 NA2T 9:1 Compression, CM 3" exhaust, Complete Interior Restoration
                              94 Maxima
                              ...VG30 FTW!!

Comment

Working...
                              X