Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swaping a turbo motor in a na z31

go to redz31.com

do you want to swap in a turbo motor or turbocharge the N/A motor you already have?
    Funny stories!

Comment

you'll need the crossmember, exhaust and ECU.

If you're planning on doing an NA2T swap, you'll end up with more power but it is a little more involved (though probably cheaper).
      Funny stories!

Comment

unless you are looking for stupid boost, use the n/a motor. charlie`s car gained around 50 hp from installing a stock turbo set up on his na motor. 183 hp on 6 psi.
        Attached Files

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
        good thing....

Comment

autoworkZ wrote: unless you are looking for stupid boost, use the n/a motor. charlie`s car gained around 50 hp from installing a stock turbo set up on his na motor. 183 hp on 6 psi.
          yeah, and i have a Certified Muffler exhaust, intake, emissions components removed and timing tuned and i'm putting about 210hp to the wheels @ 7psi.
          Funny stories!

Comment

jordanz31 wrote: how much boost are you able to push on a na2T safely?
            There is no limit on psi, but lets just say the engine is "strong enough" for your current level of power expectation.
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Their's already plenty of proven Na's running stupid boost on this forum. When properly tuned, with the proper octane gas, having the 9-1 compression ratio rocks for a strong bottom end and fast launches. This gives you a fantastic daily drive that doesn't have a dog bottom end like most of the 8-5 and lower comrpession ratios. Also, a higher compression ratio should give one slightyly better gas mileage if your driving like a grandma and trying to stay outta the boost.

The reality is this, how much money are you willing to spend and what do you wanna do with it? Do you want a 11 second drag car that you occasinally drive on the street or a road rocket daily driver or *weekend warrior* car?

Ya gotta allot of reading to do bro. THeir isn't much fabrication invovled. The guys N/A vg engines that are running single digit boost #'s aren't even breaking a sweat.

It's all about proper tuning and the proper octane gas & setup to handle the heat and prevent detonation.

I'd love to c how much boost as stock n/a VG33E could handle on 101 race gas.
              Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

i have spent less than 2K on my whole set up.
                Car
                parts car
                Accessories

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Go NA2T. 9:1 owns. Not to mention you already know the history and the way your current motor runs, you don't have to take a gamble on a different motor. The internals are the same strength.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Working...
                  X