Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to PRW-2 Ign. Control Module (Power Transistor Unit)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^
    Not really. 84/85 were the years with the lean surge issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Filipe
      ^^^
      Not really. 84/85 were the years with the lean surge issue.
      Hmmm, would an 11/85 build date effect an 86?
      __________________________________________________ ___________________
      "Aim towards the Enemy." --
      Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

86 N/A:Rebuilt Autotragic, Cat Delete, PRW-2, Poly Bushings, MSA sway bars, Pioneer HU and Speakers, Sleepy Eyes
      Current 0-60: 10.0 flat =[

Comment

• By the way guys. I had a problem with my PRW-2 a little while back. Luckily I had another on hand in the hatch.

What was happening was when I'd started the car it'd start, idle, but literally 3 seconds after starting it just died. Turn the key again, starts and runs for 3 seconds and just dies. I was like running around the car checking things and I was like.. At the end of my rope with this thing. I had let it sit over night at a friends already because it wouldn't run long enough to go anywhere.

Finally I said fuck it, and put my other PRW-2 on there... And BAM it stayed running.

Just a tip
        __________________________________________________ ___________________
        "Aim towards the Enemy." --
        Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

86 N/A:Rebuilt Autotragic, Cat Delete, PRW-2, Poly Bushings, MSA sway bars, Pioneer HU and Speakers, Sleepy Eyes
        Current 0-60: 10.0 flat =[

Comment

• Went to the junkyard today. Maximas everywhere, easiest one to find. Got two with brackets. $9 each. Just in case. I also received my new coil from RockAuto yesterday. And....

IS ALIVE!! Started right up. Not sure which one it was, but who cares. ;-)

Comment

• Bought one from nissan ($160 with my discount) and put it in, made a bracket from a heat sheild from the back mount on an MDX, and i noticed the response difference as soon as i rev'd it up. Awesome mod!
            Ride it like you stole it...
            1986 300zx NA2T - CM 3" turbo back, Pathy 3.0 Engine, Custom cold air intake, 255lph Walboro, T3 turbo, 90 shot of nitrous, 30A trans, 88t LSD, Poly everywhere, SS brakelines. 288whp 336wtq
            2001 YZF600 - Sold for Nitrous and Exhaust Upgrade...
            1993 Toyota Corolla - The invincible daily driver, off to greener pastures.
            2002 Nissan Maxima SE - New daily driver

Comment

• Originally posted by dbruce
              bump cause I'm doing my two cars
              It's a "stickied" topic. It stays at the top of the page.

Did you have a question about the upgrade?
              '86 300ZXT GLL
              '78 Datsun 280Z BP
              '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

Comment

• Adapters are available now to avoid having to depin and possibly damage your harness.

https://z31performance.com/forum/for...ts-com-product
                Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

Comment

Working...
                X