RSB-07 Cam sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

see, immediately i notice one thing that is different with yours.
      the lower collar doesn't have a hole like the one in image4 posted by mike.

so there seems to be some things we dont know about the differences between distributors.

Comment

Careless;327805 wrote: see, immediately i notice one thing that is different with yours.
        the lower collar doesn't have a hole like the one in image4 posted by mike.

so there seems to be some things we dont know about the differences between distributors.
        Thats also clearly not a Z31 distributor....and the pathfinder ones I've taken apart still just pull out....
        - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

calm your fuckin attitude mike. it's not "clearly" anything if someone doesn't know what the non-z31 looks like inside.

Comment

Careless;326924 wrote: there is the upper collar that the rotor fastens to.
            then there is the small locating washer (with the 2 upward, and 1 downward tabs).
            then there is the small wave washer.
            then there is the degree wheel.
            then there is the lower collar that is the last piece before the sensor itself.
            In both the pathy/quest dist and z31 dist I pulled apart, the wave washer was between the tabbed washer and the lower sleeve... and in the off chance I was confused, I double checked the impressions/clean spots left on the mating surfaces...

from the top:
            top sleeve with bolt
            degree wheel
            tabbed washer
            wave washer
            lower sleeve

Comment

Careless;327838 wrote: calm your fuckin attitude mike. it's not "clearly" anything if someone doesn't know what the non-z31 looks like inside.
              The outside doesn't even look the same -.-
              - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

michaelp;327880 wrote: The outside doesn't even look the same -.-
                you didn't even post pictures of the outside, and i never even took the cap off the broken one you gave me for free.

so like i said, not "clear" if you haven't seen both.

-.-

anyways. i have a spring compressor with adjustable legs that I'm going to use when I get a chance later tonight. i totally forgot that i had it. it should work perfect.

i'll just put a bolt underneath the retainer post and it should press on the shaft rather than the collar.

Comment

Not sure why you had so much trouble with yours. Kevin (Axel Kain) tore down 2 to remove the CAS while we were at the junkyard on Saturday. One piece in particular was hard to get off, but nothing some prying with a screw driver didn't get past. I think he had each one apart in around 5 minutes. Heck, we had more trouble with a rotor being seized on the shaft than anything internal to the distributor.
                  Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

i swear, if i was lying RedDemon would have made me look stupid by pulling it off with his hands. he was here and he pulled on it and it didn't go anywhere. we both pried on it too. i'll try at it sometime later.

Comment

Careless;328626 wrote: i swear, if i was lying RedDemon would have made me look stupid by pulling it off with his hands. he was here and he pulled on it and it didn't go anywhere. we both pried on it too. i'll try at it sometime later.
                      Not saying I don't believe you. I'm thinking you just got a bad one that isn't a typical example.
                      Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

I have noticed that inner-lower collar is tighter on maxima's than Z31's. just dont be afraid to kick it's ass!
                        Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
                        Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
                        sigpic

Comment

Axel kain;328699 wrote: I have noticed that inner-lower collar is tighter on maxima's than Z31's. just dont be afraid to kick it's ass!
                          i need to be gentle to this one. it's my good 88T distributor that made my car run nice, so I know it works almost perfect. but I did find a small piece of what seems like a cotton fluff inside the CAS area... so i think that may have attributed to a miss perhaps? We'll see. not a priority right now.

Comment

I swapped out an 03 for an 07 just to see the difference and notice none. So if the RSB 03 is functioning properly an RSB 07 wont make a difference.
                            Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
                            if it fails, fuck it.
                            at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

I just installed a 07 in my car but it had a bad sensor to begin with. The car definitely starts runs and drives better

Comment

I swapped one into mine today too battling a no sync issue with Megasquirt. Car runs the same really though monitoring trigger logs the signal is a little more stable than the rsb-06 that came out.
                                2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

Working...
                                X