Analog Gauge Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Gauge Change

Well im working on redoing my gauge faces since black and orange doesnt match what im going for and the factory gauges are to plain, right now i have a close to final of my oil pres face since i did not want to pull the whole cluster just yet so here is a rough draft that is almost complete, also no its not going to be like 90% of the ones you will find with them printed on paper and hard to see at night, i am going to keeo the factory backlight setup just put in led bulbs eather blue or hyper white not sure anyway here is the image so far done 90% in ms paint.

leme know what you think id love some ideas if you got um.
    Oh yes the changes all i did was color, font, and the other subtle ones wich you all notice.

Well i got the image to a point i was ready to print on some photo paper to test fit and make sure everything lined up i was surprised i only have to move 2 things just a little other than that it was all straight anyway here is a photo of the test fit on top of the factory face so the paper would not droop down and bend, also i know its a little hard to see the plexi on my cluster is a bit worn and has a couple cloudy spots i plan on resurfacing them and geting rid of all the scratches after i am done with the gauges. I would also like to add that i realise the blue on black is a bit dark though its not in final form so i have no idea what its going to look like when finished but here is were its at.

Comment

Looking good!

Make sure to change the 'OIL' Markings on the front too, and maybe paint the gauge arm white, red?
      It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

here's an idea that doesn't require a TON of custom modification. Get a guage pod from an 87+ car. Remove the filters behind the lights and replace with desired color. Congrats, you now have white faces with desired color when the headlights come on.
        Funny stories!

Comment

Yah i realised about the 87 gauges but i wanted something custom not just the color and it actually isnt that bad its just hard to find some of the materials i need since im in a small town. The oil i already have changed actually i dont have a pic of it but it now says nismo in blue writeing with the red o in nissan font with a red box around it, i will post pics when i get farther done i am curently on the volt gauge and it is nearly complete oh and the needle im kind of iffy on i think im going to go with florescent red so it has a little extra zing to the color when the hyper white hits it.

Comment

Working...
          X