Headlights and harnesses. Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights and harnesses. Advice?

I've been looking at headlight improvements.

So for the best thing I've come across is a set of race-only 100/80w bulbs from Hella. They have DOT 64/45w also, but I think i could get away with 100/80w especially since in town (with street lights) i usually drive with the lights in the down position. If people can get away using those dumbass HID kits i'm sure nobody will bother me for these. Plus, they're only $50 a set.

Also, I am thinking I should get the upgraded headlight wiring harness from Black Dragon Automotive (formerly V.B. for those of you who haven't noticed). Has anybody used one of these? I assume this is just a piggyback harness that draws juice off the battery. I don't want to have to tear apart the dash to run wires, will i have to? I'm not really sure how these work, but I don't like the idea of setting my 20 year old wires on fire.

I do quite a bit of driving on lonesome NE highways, so I really should do something. I'm afraid if I drive over the limit my chances of hitting a deer will just skyrocket, more light would help me spot the bastards.

Any thoughts/coments appriciated.
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

If you are going to run hotter headlamps then I would definitely suggest getting that kit from Black Dragon, or something like it from the local parts store. Locally would probably be cheaper. Either way you really should isolate the stock wiring with a relay setup.

I put in some lamps from Schucks a while back. Sylvania. They were definitely better than the old stock units.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I never thought to check for a universal kit from a local place...i'll try that first.
      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Working...
      X