Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

climate control/boost controller/usb port...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• climate control/boost controller/usb port...

just thought i would share my setup here.. i ripped out the climate control and replaced it with this aluminum plate. on the left, the knob is for fan speed. it used a blower motor resistor from a 240z giving me 3 fan speeds. the 4 buttons control the vacuum solenoids for the front vents, floor vents and the recirc vent doors. the 4th button is for the heater core door. the profec b is mounted in the middle as you can see, and the 2 usb ports are for the romulator and LM1. the romulator is burried behind the dash on the firewall above the passengers feet and the LM1 is in the glove box. the usb to serial adapters are burried behind the dash. everything works great and im very happy to have gotten rid of the barely functioning 20 year old stock stuff. plus it has made much more room for cool things. everyone that has seen the setup really likes it so i figured i would post it.

Dude, that is freakin sick

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

i like , i recently did somethin similar , but i used platic and i just j-b welded it to the trim plate thing , i did this because i was in a rush to get a home for my AEM w/b gauge (52? mm gauge= tight fit) . i plan to put a fuel press gauge and maybe an EGT gauge or something else , and one simple switch for the blower , im going to rig the vents closed so it all blows towards the windshield .

one question , do you have any pics of how you supported the face plate?

Comment

Thats pretty cool! I have an aluminum plate there as well only mine is black. I dont need the heater controls due to the lack of heater but I was trying to think of what else to put there cause its blank now except for my battery swithch. I like the usb ports. I may have to do that for my LM1
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: i like , i recently did somethin similar , but i used platic and i just j-b welded it to the trim plate thing , i did this because i was in a rush to get a home for my AEM w/b gauge (52? mm gauge= tight fit) . i plan to put a fuel press gauge and maybe an EGT gauge or something else , and one simple switch for the blower , im going to rig the vents closed so it all blows towards the windshield .

Hey 2+2turbo there is your AEM wide band right there in my pic LOL

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: i like , i recently did somethin similar , but i used platic and i just j-b welded it to the trim plate thing , i did this because i was in a rush to get a home for my AEM w/b gauge (52? mm gauge= tight fit) . i plan to put a fuel press gauge and maybe an EGT gauge or something else , and one simple switch for the blower , im going to rig the vents closed so it all blows towards the windshield .

there really isnt anything good to screw into so i just pulled away the existing rubber on the back for the trim piece and cut the aluminum to fit that exactly.. then i used some small L brackets in a few different areas and used some epoxy to stick everything together. if you look closely inthe pic you can see where i was sloppy and some of the epoxt got through.. as for the poost controller i used 2 rivets (visible in the pic) to secure 2 L brackets to the back of the plate. the boost controller fits snuggly between these brackets and its just held in place with some zip ties. everything is solid as a rock, but we'll see how it holds up

Comment

Yeah on mine you can see the brass rivets on the sides (they hold in L angle) so I can slide my plates in and out in case I have to make a different one, like I will probably have to do now that I dont have that wide band gauge anymore.

Comment

Someone replaced theirs a while back with a carbon fiber plate. I am blanking who that was though. Looked good. Same concept overall.
                Just stand back and throw money.
                Performance costs money.
                Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Very nice... I've got almost the exact same thing in the works... prfec and all... only difference is it will be black and have the usb port going to nistune (hopefully).
                  1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                    Originally posted by 2+2turbo
                    i like , i recently did somethin similar , but i used platic and i just j-b welded it to the trim plate thing , i did this because i was in a rush to get a home for my AEM w/b gauge (52? mm gauge= tight fit) . i plan to put a fuel press gauge and maybe an EGT gauge or something else , and one simple switch for the blower , im going to rig the vents closed so it all blows towards the windshield .

Hey 2+2turbo there is your AEM wide band right there in my pic LOL
                    it looks better in my car bihotch! :lol:

52mm gauges in slot where a/c control unit used to be = tight fit.

i plan on sticking two more gauges next to it.
                    in need to clean my car! ops:

Comment

I quite like this

Oh, not mine by the way, it's Little K from Japan's 200ZR. He just sent me a heap of pics

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! They screwed up and put all of your shit on the right side of the car! fricken retards!

All the orange looks cool. reminds me of the 944 porsches.

Comment

Working...
                        X