Heat ripples in the rear bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat ripples in the rear bumper?

Just wondering if heat ripples are common on the top of the rear bumper cover? I resprayed my car, but didnt repair the ripples cause it is too much work and maybe not even possible. After doing the whole car in red pearl candy, a lady ran up the back of me.

I put the bumper in to get fixed cause i couldnt be bothered doing it myself and shes paying. I asked if they could fix the ripple and they said they cant. Today i get a phone call from the guy saying he can get me a reco bumper and then there will be no ripples if i pay an extra $260! He also said how much trouble hes having sanding all the paint of the old one (i put 13 coats on plus what was on there, hehe). I said no cause i knew they were trying to save themselves labour time at my expense.

This afternoon i was down there dropping off the support to them and he tells me that hes pushed the reco place to supply a cheaper bumper and now it will be only $100 extra. I said order it. Maybe i shouldve waited till cheaper, but seems a good deal to me.

No more heat ripples for me! now my car will be totally dead straight!

13 coats of paint...HOLY SHIT..

Got a picture of this paint job? Id love to see the car...

What color base did you use? What color was the Kandy red (my personal favorite is Kandy Brandywine over an Orion Silver base)? And pearl to? Which pearl? Does 13 include clear coat too?
    ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

Its not house of kolor, its a kawasaki motor cycle colour, paint code Kaw 118. Its made up of 3 coats silver, 3 coats red pearl, 4 coats HS clear. Il try to post up some pics a bit later on when i get home. Its a nice colour, especially at night when lights shine on it it turn a really rich bright red whilst the rest of the car looks burgundy. Il see if ive got photos on my computer that show it. Its kind of hard to capture with the camera. Ive got nice gold wheels that go well with the colour too.

Comment

Kandy Red over a Silver base is just a really sexy color!!
        ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

ok, here are some pics. This is the car in primer, i was driving it whilst doing the respray. Thats a hard way to do it, but i had no other car to drive.

This is after 3 coats of silver metallic base coat:

This is with the candy and clear, off the gun (no buffing):

And heres some finished pics: Ignore the rear camber and the need for wheel adaptors.

Comment

Man...I bet that looks great in person. Nice work.
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Very nice

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
              X