No announcement yet.

Shift Knob Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking knob but I hate the uni-fit ones with the allen screws. Not to mention that I also hate all metal ones as my hand tends to slip off of them when shifting quickly. Nice looking though. Killer price.
    378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

1artworkz wrote: $0.99
      Ebay =http://tinyurl.com/yzfxcm
      [/b]
      thats funny, you go into ebay type shift knob and then click cheapest first and it well over 10 pages of shift knobs for under 10 bucks. first 2 or 3 pages are $.99 with 7 dollar shipping. Hmm 8 dollar shift knob? SOLD AMERICAN!
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote:
        The shifter thread is not always the same, it seems to vary. I know the NA shifters have a ~2mm smaller rod at the end.
        Damn,...I must have got lucky. I found a replacment nob for my
        r30a from a stanza.
        imagination is a virtue

Comment

Post deleted as it did not meet "performance" criteria ..
          '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
          PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

Everyone is showing off their knobs...
            Anyone have a tape measure? :lol:
            http://www.vgpowered.com
            Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

+1 for the strap wrench. Works like a charm.
              Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
              1986 300zx Turbo
              2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
              1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Ive been using my buddy's old knob off of his 98 civic. I know its a honda part but if feels nice and dosent wobble like the aftermarket knobs with the screws in it.

Comment

I have installed several generic shift knobs and the only time they wobble is if they are installed wrong.

To each his own as far as style goes but, a generic shift knob when properly installed should stay tight for a long dang time. Ive had previous knobs stay tight and never have an issue for years and over 50K miles.
                  Just stand back and throw money.
                  Performance costs money.
                  Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

My shift knob came off in a blink, easiest thing to do... bought an aftermarket one for about $40AUS & havn't had much trouble with it, only thing is the screws seem to just get loose & fall out. So have to keep tightening them up. ops:

The boot for it was also around $40AUS, managed to stretch it out far enough on the platic shroud so it fit absolutely stretched to the max, looked really good... to the point when all the plastic lugs holding it on broke. So I got out the old super glue, & just glued the suckers in place, cant even notice it.

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
                    1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

whoa. i never noticed that the wiper/headlight stalks were reversed on wrong-hand-drive Zs. that's weird. So is the little deadpedal. I bed I'd shift like a real newb if i had to use my left hand.

I still need to get a better knob. The one i have had stripped brass threads so it now spins endlessly in your hand and wobbles. The worst part is the incessant jingling.....
                      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: whoa. i never noticed that the wiper/headlight stalks were reversed on wrong-hand-drive Zs. that's weird. So is the little deadpedal. I bed I'd shift like a real newb if i had to use my left hand.

I still need to get a better knob. The one i have had stripped brass threads so it now spins endlessly in your hand and wobbles. The worst part is the incessant jingling.....
                        That knob fit nice and tight on the shiro. You sure the shifter threads aren't damaged?

Comment

100 more hourse power!

Comment

jn1cz wrote: That knob fit nice and tight on the shiro. You sure the shifter threads aren't damaged?

Well here's my problem. The previous owner did a hack job on the shifter. I don't even know if this bolt he has welded on here is metric. Maybe i'm lucky and he just shortened the bolt that was already on there. Whatever it is, it seams to be fine pitch. I don't know what the hell to do. I guess I go find a nut that will thread onto this rig-job so i know what the thread/size is. What a pain in the ass.
                            My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                            My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                            207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Yeah I see it. Try to find the thread pitch and all like you said and I'm thinking it's going to be different or there's just not enough thread. I know the knob I sent you was the right pitch and the one you had is prolly good too. You may just have to cut that off and weld on a piece of another stock shifter. If you want to send back the knob I sent you I'll paypal back the shipping cost. I kinda liked it. Good luck with it either way.

Comment

Some pictures of the Maxima knob right out of the box. I had to have it after looking at the previous pictures. I got it off of E-bay for $57.00 shipped.

2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

Working...
                                X