Headlights and parking lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights and parking lights...

Can anyone tell me why my headlight and parking lights do not come on? I jiggle the switch and all I get is the high beams. Should I replace entire switch on steering or is it something else? Thanks...

1986 300zx Turbo Automatic

How us your fuse?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I've read that the switch from the factory contained corrosive grease that fuxored up contacts. My 84 used to have a problem to where the driver side head light would come on randomly and then go off. Didnt stay on for very long.

I allways thought somone was trying to break into my car cause the alarm would go off. Took me 6 months to figure out what was going on. I was walking out to my car and saw the light come on for a brief moment and then the alarm went off.

My current car has similar problems with the lights as what you are describing. Only one head light will come on until I rev it to like 3k then sometimes the second one will come on. Prolly the switch.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Take the switch apart and clean the contacts and bend the tabs as they become a bit flat over time. This will fix the problem in many cases. Replacement switches are expensive.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
        X