No announcement yet.

Radio and stuff just stopped working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio and stuff just stopped working...

I took off my center console, and ran some new switches.
    Installed everything.

CD player (aka Radio), clock, interior lamps, antenna stopped working.

Looked in my 85FSM (I have an 86 NA By the way), and saw that on page EL-7 in the electrical section that the 7th fuse from the bottom is the problem.

Changed it and without the key in the ignition as soon as I put it in POP! It blew on me. Crap.

Now... I didnt touch any radio or clock wiring, so thats out of the question, I tried to trace the problem by looking at all those circuits in the FSM, such as the radio and clock circuits and followed they're traces but I didnt even touch any of that wiring when I was working on my car, Any suggestions?
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

z

Comment

if you ran new switches in the center consule, check that none are touching each other. The short has to be with something new you added.
      2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: I took off my center console, and ran some new switches.
        Installed everything.

CD player (aka Radio), clock, interior lamps, antenna stopped working.

Looked in my 85FSM (I have an 86 NA By the way), and saw that on page EL-7 in the electrical section that the 7th fuse from the bottom is the problem.

Changed it and without the key in the ignition as soon as I put it in POP! It blew on me. Crap.

Now... I didnt touch any radio or clock wiring, so thats out of the question, I tried to trace the problem by looking at all those circuits in the FSM, such as the radio and clock circuits and followed they're traces but I didnt even touch any of that wiring when I was working on my car, Any suggestions?
        can i suggest that you stop working on your car.. you managed to screw up a brake job and ruin all new brake parts.. then you ran your tranny dry and asked why it was making noise. now you are adding some "new switches" and you screwed up the wiring. just stop man, please..

Comment

z

Comment

It must be something you added (what are the switches for, where are they getting power?) or moved. The metal pieces behind the radio are sharp, and can easily cut the insulation and short something out just be moving things around.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

was a crimped wire that was tied in with the radio fuse somehow (prolly my remote wire)

86NA2T: If you want to be a jerk go ahead, but dont ruin my threads, be helpful or get out. I DIDNT ruin my brakes, a seized caliper did.
              :evil:
              1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
              ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
              1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

Working...
              X